weboost Drive 4G-X | 470510

dennisvr

I'm looking in to buying a weboost Drive 4G-X | 470510. I have a couple questions. I have a truck and 5th wheel. I see they offer a magnetic mount antenna, if I understand does that mean I can buy and put the magnetic antenna on the truck and use the booster when in the truck while traveling. I assume I would have to disconnect it from the trailer and hook it up in the truck each time.

Also I see it offers a 120volt to 6volt power supple, do I need to order that also in order to hook it up in the trailer?

Forgot to mention that my wife and I both have hotspots on our phones and will be using them for our data.

Thanks

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

I leave mine always hooked up in the truck. It is a pain to move it everyday. I just try to time all the phone calls during the day when the amplifier is hooked up if in marginal areas.

I also bought a 12 volt jumper battery that I keep charged all the time and hook up the amplifier to it at night. The IPHONE goes in the truck as a hot spot and then I use this as a wifi amplifier to get the signal into the trailer at night.

http://www.ccrane.com/WiFi/Super-USB-WiFi-Antenna-3-High-Power-Long-Range-80211-B-G-N-Wireless-1

I think there are better solutions, but this is what I used during the trip to Alaska this summer. It was a last minute solution. I would like to be able to use the phone on voice inside the trailer.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

I think you'll have problems getting enough antenna separation in the truck with WeBoost 4G-X to operate properly. Maximum Signal has what I believe is a better package that includes their Max Amp Mobile amplifier, plus antennas to install in both the 5'ver and the truck so the amp can easily be moved back and forth between them. They also include both a 120-volt and 12-volt power supply as standard equipment. The Max Amp will also give you better coverage inside the 5'ver instead of being limited to just a few feet from the WeBoost "Hershey Bar" directional antenna.

Max Amp Mobile Truck and Trailer Package

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I'm looking in to buying a weboost Drive 4G-X | 470510. I have a couple questions. I have a truck and 5th wheel. I see they offer a magnetic mount antenna, if I understand does that mean I can buy and put the magnetic antenna on the truck and use the booster when in the truck while traveling. I assume I would have to disconnect it from the trailer and hook it up in the truck each time.

Also I see it offers a 120volt to 6volt power supple, do I need to order that also in order to hook it up in the trailer?

Forgot to mention that my wife and I both have hotspots on our phones and will be using them for our data.

Thanks

You can certainly move the amplifier back and forth between the trailer and truck, and having an antenna installed on each makes that easier.

We advise some folks, especially those who might like an 'always' option in the truck to install the larger booster in the RV, and then get a smaller cradle style booster (the 4G-S) to leave permanently in the truck/tow. The downside is of course, the cradle only boosts one device at a time and is lower powered.

Just depends on how often you think you might like boosting in the truck while underway, or while driving around exploring & doing errands.

As far as antenna separation issues with the 4G-X versus the Max Amp Mobile, that's not been our experience. We have a lot of difficulty getting antenna separation with our Max Amp Mobile in our MINI Cooper, but absolutely no problems with the 4G-X, 4G-M, 4G-S or SolidRF. I think in a larger truck, you'd likely have no problem with any of those.

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Thank you all for your responses. When I seen a option to have a set up in the truck I thought that was a good idea, but now that I think of it all I need is to have a good booster in the 5th wheel. We use our hot spots on our phones and if my wife wants to use it when I am driving, she can do it when she has normal reception on the phone.

I'm leaning on going with the Weboost and hoping the one I have in the title will be the right one for my use. "Opinions welcomed"

Again I would like to say thanks for your suggestions and Cherie thank you for sharing all your advise to all us RVers, I do enjoy reading your blog. Do you get credit if I go through your web site and order on Amazon? If so I will have to see how that is done.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

If Technomadia is getting any kind of compensation from Wilson/WeBoost or any other equipment manufacturer or retailer, it would sure make their product reviews suspect. I hope that isn't the case...

Dutch

If Technomadia is getting any kind of compensation from Wilson/WeBoost or any other equipment manufacturer or retailer, it would sure make their product reviews suspect. I hope that isn't the case...

Where is this noise coming from?

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Where is this noise coming from?

From post #5 where Dennis asks if they get credit for orders placed through the Technomadia site. I think it's a fair question...

Dutch

You will need to reread my post #5 carefully. I asked if they got any credit if I ordered through AMAZON. Why I ask is back in my boating days there were people that had blogs and if you ordered thru there blog they would get some sort of credit from Amazon.

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

You will need to reread my post #5 carefully. I asked if they got any credit if I ordered through AMAZON. Why I ask is back in my boating days there were people that had blogs and if you ordered thru there blog they would get some sort of credit from Amazon.

And if they do, that credit has a promotional value to their business even if there isn't any click-thru payment involved. Technomadia is a business after all.

Dutch

And if they do, that credit has a promotional value to their business even if there isn't any click-thru payment involved. Technomadia is a business after all.

Many bloggers have click-thru links on their sites.

I have no problem with that.

I have found some bloggers that have clear alliances with certain products, and thus no longer read their blogs or sites.

I'm a paying member to the Two C's site, and find their blog's members only content to warrant the costs.

I also like Nina's blog, and have clicked-thru on her site too (Wheelingit).

All that being said, and again sort of a repeat - if I do find a blogger that is openly spinning info and or falsely reporting just for financial benefit. I practice may ability to no longer read their blogs:)!

I have no indications that the Two C's are anything more then two very enthusiastic, and into lots of various areas in regards to many things RV'ing.

$.02, and best to you, and all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Technomadia (or for that matter, myself) get nothing from the vendors other than (sometimes) equipment to test. Sometimes we buy the equipment ourselves...it varies. Speaking for myself, I get NO MONEY from anyone other than Google. For anything. My reviews....when I do them....are totally independent.

Yes, I have some Google-placed ads (a whole two of them) on my website. To some that means I'm commercial. An example of the "some" is IRV2. They will not allow a link to my website on that forum because of the "commercial nature" of my website. What a joke. So I do not post there at all. Just an example. I personally do not do affiliate ads, but I sure click through on them on others site. It helps to pay for the website/blog. It is not particularly cheap to keep most websites that have any traffic going.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Thanks Jack for the explanation. I was kind of sorry for bringing it up in my thread. I do appreciate what you and the other bloggers do and if there is anything I can do to help out I would sure like to do it. In the future I will be looking for the click though ads.

Again I would like to thank you, Technomadia, Wheelingit and the other bloggers out there for all the info and enjoy reading of all their adventures.

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Wow... I'm so sorry I missed this thread continuing on and did not chime in earlier.

We have absolutely no affiliation with any manufacturer or vendor within in the specific mobile internet space.

The absolute most we will accept is evaluation products for our reviews, which helps keep our costs down of providing reviews and feedback to our members. And we always clearly disclose when products have been provided to us, and by whom.

We get no kickbacks or funding from weBoost, Maximum Signal, SolidRF or any of the other cellular boosters company (or any equipment for that matter) that we test and review. Our time testing products in the field, providing feedback to manufacturers and writing extensive reviews is funded by our premium membership fees & readers of our book at RVMobileInternet.com. We prefer it this way, as it allows us to be unbiased in our reporting. We prefer to be funded by the very people utilizing our content.

Technomadia.com, for clarification is our personal travel blog - not our business.

RVMobileInternet.com is our business (confusing, we know.. as we only have one user name here.)

We are however Amazon Affiliates via both websites, and yes, we (and many bloggers like us) do get a small percentage back from Amazon if folks use our affiliate links. We appreciate it, it helps keep our sites going (Technomadia.com alone costs us over $250 a month to run these days). It's a way for non-members to support the site without extra cost to them.

On our RVMobileInternet.com review listings - we list several vendors where you can also get the products from. And products that aren't available on Amazon get equal coverage. The incentives from Amazon are not so great as to influence our reporting. Our member funding, reputation and being transparent with our readers about our findings is far far more important to us.

For the record, via RVMobileInternet we have turned down kickbacks from anyone BUT Amazon - as we feel taking kickbacks from those specifically in the mobile internet industry WOULD be showing bias. Companies who have offered us kickbacks or funding, we've instead asked for a discount code that we can give our members - so we can pass the savings right along to them. We're comfortable with Amazon affiliates, as they are common place amongst bloggers and they're not focused on our niche - they sell products from food, household items, clothing, books, movies, etc.

I hope this helps clarify,

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Thanks Cherie,

My knowledge is in the mechanical field. Repair trucks and autos, no problem. When it comes to computers, cell phones and the like I have to find someone for help and I'm glad you guys and others are out there to assist me.

Thanks again

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Archived