I need help testing Maximum Signal booster at Escapees park in Livingston.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We recently purchased a Maximum Signal booster to help us with our internet in our travels. We also have a homebase at the Escapees in Livingston, TX. We recently witched our phone service from Verizon to AT&T and the service here at our location in Livingston is weak to non existant. That's why we purchased the Maximum Signal booster. Gordon has been very helpful trouble shooting problems we maybe having, but we are still not getting a good Signal as it goes in and out. Gordon believes it maybe due to our devices. When we switched to AT&T we purchased all new phones and tablets which are Apple (iPhones and iPads). Gordon states Apple is the worst devise on the market having the weakest radio Signal in them. My next and last check is to see if this Maximum Signal booster will work with a Android devise. So I'm in need of an Escapees friend at the Rainbow park here in Livingston with a Android phone that has AT&T service to help test to see if it works on Android but not Apple. Please give me a call if you can help 832-483-8509.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

You might post a request for help in the club house?

You also might just go ask around with some of the other park members, what services provider they have, and how their signal is working for them. If others are doing OK on AT&T, that could be a positive for you. If they are not, then that is an indication that the AT&T signal and or tower traffic, is not real good in the area.

As I understand it, the recent FCC rules require Amps to be sold with a pretested and approved combinations of antennas(?). That being said, a different external antenna might serve you better then probably the 13" Mag unit that is so popular with the Max Signal Amp. A yaghi antenna, up on a partners pole a bit higher off our roof, might get you a stronger signal.

And while I have heard that iPhone Antennas have had problems in previous model phones, I do not recall hearing that lately on say the 5S and above. (Gord knows more about this stuff then I do:)!) That being said, even if the antenna in your iPhone is weaker, it really should not matter too much - as you are pulling in the signal from the inside the coach internal repeater antenna, not the tower(?).

Best of luck to you,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

At Livingston at the moment using ATT; signal is good with no boost or external antenna. I have Apple stuff tho, so not sure if any of this helps you since you have Android.

And what Smitty said-my phone is far weaker everywhere than my mobile hotspot. Not sure why.

Ya just can't RV without a hitch.....!

Don't know wherein Livingston you are located, but @ Rainbows End ATT signal strength sucks ! Makes no sense to blame iStuff if the Max Signal thing was working fine, then not, then is....on several iDevices. What's common to all the iStuff ..... the Max Signal, and ATT.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

You might post a request for help in the club house?

You also might just go ask around with some of the other park members, what services provider they have, and how their signal is working for them. If others are doing OK on AT&T, that could be a positive for you. If they are not, then that is an indication that the AT&T signal and or tower traffic, is not real good in the area.

As I understand it, the recent FCC rules require Amps to be sold with a pretested and approved combinations of antennas(?). That being said, a different external antenna might serve you better then probably the 13" Mag unit that is so popular with the Max Signal Amp. A yaghi antenna, up on a partners pole a bit higher off our roof, might get you a stronger signal.

And while I have heard that iPhone Antennas have had problems in previous model phones, I do not recall hearing that lately on say the 5S and above. (Gord knows more about this stuff then I do:)!) That being said, even if the antenna in your iPhone is weaker, it really should not matter too much - as you are pulling in the signal from the inside the coach internal repeater antenna, not the tower(?).

Best of luck to you,

Smitty

The actual radio in the Iphone is weaker . , We have proved it when out testing . We will go to areas with an Iphone and a Samsung . The Samsung will still sense some signal ( low Level) While the Iphone just displays no service . With the Amp on the Samsungs will rock while the iphones still experience signal drop out even with a db level in the 90's . Weakest part of their devices is the Transmit and receive radios . Just trying to troubleshoot exactly what is happening there and you cannot do it with an IPHONE . This is why apple will not approve RF testing apps while Android now has 6 or 7 good ones. It will expose their flaw. This is common Knowledge to folks in Cellular RF. Iphones are great fashion .

accessary but!!!

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

And my Chevy is much better than your Ford too! :rolleyes:

You can think I do not know my stuff but I do and so do the RF engineers that work for us and other RF engineers I talk to on a regular basis. Sorry to insult the apple devices but it is their known weakness.

Keeping You Connected

Howdy!

Gordon, As you can see I have not been able to test the Maximum Signal with a Android device yet. Dave did help me out by setting my iPhone so that it now shows the db level rather than dots. These db levels fluctuate while setting in the same spot from -87 -97, -111, -114, -118, -120 without any movement in a matter of few minutes. But it usually above -111 to -117. I haven't had any completely dropped service after disregarding the 110 volt and plugging into12 volts.

Folks as for the Apple vs Android we now have way to much invested in Apple in the last few months to start over again with Android. In April we purchased two new iPhone 6s Plus phone and two new iPad Pro's with data connections two make use of our unlimited data service. I purchased the Maximum Signal before returning to Escapees to solve this problem after we found out that as Dave stated AT&T is week here. Gordon has given us great customer service so I'm hoping with his help we can solve this issue.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Maybe as Gordon says his Maximum Signal may or may not work very good with a iPhone.

And maybe his Maximum Signal web site should have that info included with the ad if he knows it is true. ;)

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Maybe as Gordon says his Maximum Signal may or may not work very good with a iPhone.

And maybe his Maximum Signal web site should have that info included with the ad if he knows it is true. ;)

The problem is not compatibility with the device it is the actual radio in the device that makes it drop signal. The amplifier is providing a full signal to the device

Keeping You Connected

I have an android and my DW has an iPhone 6s. we are on Verizon unlimited and she always has a weak signal. Took over 2 minutes to open PayPal web site on her phone. I grabbed my iPad Pro that is tethered to my phone and tested the speed. Download and upload were both over 10gbps. Even when her iPhone is conned by wifi to my phone, it is still slow as an old dog. I like my iPad, I can't stand an iPhone.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Dave did help me out by setting my iPhone so that it now shows the db level rather than dots. These db levels fluctuate while setting in the same spot from -87 -97, -111, -114, -118, -120 without any movement in a matter of few minutes. But it usually above -111 to -117.

I don't want to be disrespectful, but are you aware of the fact that the signal strength is displayed as negative numbers because the smaller the number the LARGER the signal is? You may already know this, but the way you phrased this answer caused me to wonder if you did.

As for whether or not an amp can help in a particular situation often it is helpful to know more about the signal than just its overall intensity. There are available phone apps that you can download which provide additional information but you would need to understand how to interpret the data they provide. For example, at our current location my Android Galaxy S7 operates quite well with an overall signal strength of about -104dBm but that's with exceptionally good Signal to Noise (SNR) and RSRP values. The same signal strength might not perform as well if the other parameters had different values. And how fast your speeds are at any particular tower is a complex function which involves these signal parameters and the overall load on the tower.

I have one of Gord's amps and it has performed well for the past several months, but I'm not normally in an area with a weak enough signal for it to strut its stuff. But a few weeks ago we suffered an outage on our Verizon tower and I'm pretty confident that the Max Signal amp was what gave us any service at all during the outage.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Howdy!

Dave, I have not connected with any Escapees at Livingston that have AT&T service and a Android device to test the Maximum Signal.

The good news is without asking Gordon contacted me last Friday and advised he was shipping me a new Maximum Signal and new 110 volt connection. He stated he tested it to make sure everything was working on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint. I received it yesterday and connected it up. The great news is it's working and we're getting a good signal no dropped calls and good data now. I can not say how much I appreciate the customer service that Gordon provides with his product. As RVer it is tuff to get good customer service from folks in our travels. Gordon has work with me over the phone and priority shipped things to us without question.

I would still like to test it comparing iPhone to Android if anyone can help.

Thanks for everything Gordon you've got a great product keep up the good work.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Archived