Saving OLD Topics

gypsydan

I started searching a topic several years ago, and could not find anything past, I think, 5-7 years. I was told we don't keep old topics and threads because of the cost of storage. Is this still true?

Because there is such fantastic information on this forum, it seems a shame we can't keep it around for many years.

How much space does the forum use?

Does Escapees have their own servers, or do we lease space?

What is the cost of data storage for a forum like this?

I'm not sure you can, or want to, answer some of these questions, but hopefully you can.

Dan

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

Nobody at HQ will see this post as they don't have anyone assigned to reading this forum. When you want an answer to a post you have to make it then use the report option (lower right corner) to generate a notice that HQ will see. It may be a day or two before anyone gets back to you but usually they do.

I generated a report for this so you don't have to.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently old content is automatically removed due to inactivity. We could change this but there is some concern for slight performance loss due tot he amount of content we would be hosting. Also keep in mind that it may be difficult to find relevant and current posts during searches due an abundance of old topics.

Happy Travels!

Archived