Anyone with volunteer experience in Washington State?

coachmac9

We have also volunteered at numerous Washington State Parks. Fort Flagler ( nice wide open roads and volunteer sites) near Port Townsend, Whidby Island State Park ( very narrow roads and low limbs with short sights) Long Lake State Park near Spokane ( nice small park) Belfair State Park ( nice sites and Rangers) and last but not least Cape Disapointment State Park (steep and narrow road to get to the park NO CELL SERVICE)..

Just look into State Parkswebsites for any state and you will be able to find volunteer info. I know that Oregon and Idaho also use volunteer park hosts.

Jeanie and John

Ford F-250 super crew

Americana 34/35 GS (it's a Forest River Cardinal with extras)

Salt Creek Recreation Area on the Olympic Peninsula is a wonderful park. They have volunteer opportunities. They are a Clallam County Park.

http://www.clallam.net/Parks/Volunteers.htmlstf

We have volunteered here several times and had a great experience and also loved the view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. There also some great opportunities at Dungeness Spit Recreation area.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

We volunteeed for USFS at the Cape Perpetua Visitor center

It was a short fill in for 6 weeks as they had a cancellation by a a couple due to come for the summer and we were nearby and available.

Plus sides. It's very busy so you are never bored. Nice people to work with

Down side: we were parked in one of the 2 volunteer spots right at the VC. Absolutely no way to get a Directv signal, one of the other spots is in the nearby USFS campground and I believe they had the same issue.

It's also a 32 hour per week per person gig. For some that is not a problem but for us we were very tired each week and it felt like a job. We actually only ever volunteer for 24 your week positions. Had it not been just as a short term thing to help them out we would not have committed to it.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

There is usually a Camp Host at Stay Sail RV Park in the City of Oak Harbor. Located right next to the park and by the bay. Other than that I have no information, guessing you would need to contact the Oak Harbor Parks Department.

I say usually because this seems to be an on again, off again thing.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Alta Lake State Park is looking for camp hosts for the 2017 summer season. You can email me at amy.brotherton@parks.wa.gov and I can answer any questions you may have. We have March, June, July, and August available at this time.

Thank-you!

Amy B. .

Alta Lake is a hour north of Wenatchee. Almost bought a second home in that area. Cool spot. Golf course next door and also good trout fishing in the lake. Lots of diverse and different country to explore and interesting communities that are totally different.

Check the RV situation for the host. Campground is weird.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

We have volunteered at Birch Bay for a couple of years. I think any park located near where you want to be will be fine. Two suggestions

1. Call the park directly and speak to the head ranger.

2. Complete the paperwork now so they can go ahead and run the background check. That way you can tell the park you are ready to work.

Good luck

Alta Lake State Park is looking for camp hosts for the 2017 summer season. You can email me at amy.brotherton@parks.wa.gov and I can answer any questions you may have. We have March, June, July, and August available at this time.

Thank-you!

Amy B. .

Amy, sending you a private message.

Dennis

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

• 1 month later...

Score! Lincoln Rock SP April/May. Alta Lake in June. That will wrap up our summer volunteering and leave us three months for kicking around until our fall gig back at Coos Bay. So, three months in middle America just to see what there is to see.

Edit: Oh, except for August 21st. Then we'll be in the shadow of the eclipse. Not sure where but we'll be in that path somewhere.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

• 1 month later...

Archived