Veterans Day free meals and discounts

Yarome

• 2 weeks later...

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Great Clips: Free haircut Nov 11th, or just stop by for a coupon to use later.

Now for a serious topic:

No matter what used RV you are buying, whether or not you are using an inspector, make sure you do the following. It could just save your life!

OR if you own an RV:

1. Check the manufacture date of the Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector (on the back). They are good for 5 years only. If in doubt replace. Some rigs don't have one. Be sure yours does. Use only those units approved by UL for RV Use.

2. Check the LP Detector. They are good for 5 years from manufacture date (on the back). Replace if in doubt. Find it close to the floor. Use only those units approved by UL for RV Use. Suggest a combined unit LP and CO

3. Smoke Detector. Good for 10 years. The new Smoke/Fire detectors, approved by UL for RV Use, at about $19.00 would be ideal.

4. Change the batteries on all battery operated detectors.

5. Open the emergency window(s). Make sure you CAN get out in an emergency.

These are all life safety issues we find when doing inspections. New LP and CO Detecotrs have End Of Life (EOL) alarms. You cannot turn off the alarm. UL Requirement. People are cutting the wires or removing the batteries to silence the alarm. Check yours TODAY.

Please post when you find you have an issue to encourage others to check their rigs.

Geoff Baker

"Protecting Your Dream"

www.InspectRV.com

(484) 432-9002

Certified RV Inspector

Member, NRVIA

Escapees, FMCA

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095

For the Past Few years i have been going to Golden Coral. On Veterans day. Great Meal for free for all Veterans. I also patronize them during the course of the year. "They Give Me So i Give them".

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

If you want to avoid the long lines and large crowds at all of the popular places look in your own neighborhood. Close to us a local high school is having a all you can eat breakfast that is free to all Veterans, and for Dinner the Corvallis Elks # 1413 is having a Spaghetti Dinner on the 11th where Veterans and their wives will eat for free.

Jeanie and John

Ford F-250 super crew

Americana 34/35 GS (it's a Forest River Cardinal with extras)

Archived