Verizon raised our monthly plan $20.00 for our grandfather unlimited data plan.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We got our Verizon bill this month and it went up $20.00. We've had this unlimited data only plan sence 2005 and it has always been $59.99. Now they increased the monthly plan to $79.99. With the increase I was the in hopes they would now let us purchase a new 4G hotspot as they have done with the grandfathered unlimited phone plans. I have talked with them and store representatives and they still want let us even with the plan price increase. They only want to replace it with a new data plan and we loose our unlimited plan. Our old 3G MiFi 2200 is on it's last leg, and I don't think it last much longer. Verizon no longer offers any 3G devices. Would like to know if anyone else has seen a price increase like this from Verizon. Also if you've had any success any a new device connected to you old unlimited data plan.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

We have the same problem with our grandfathered unlimited plan sold as "The Mobil Office" broadband unlimited data plan. We purchased it in 2006 I believe. It uses a UM150 made by Sanyo. Verizon tries to get us to "port" it over into their new 4g plans, it would only cost us a $10 monthly line charge instead of the $79.99 per month, they could save me lots of money. I purchased the unlimited plans as a business line separate from our phone and Jetpack lines. I will try buying a comprarable 3G modem from eBay or Craigs list.

Jeanie and John

Ford F-250 super crew

Americana 34/35 GS (it's a Forest River Cardinal with extras)

Howdy!

The device we have MiFi 2200 and has no sims card. If I new what 3G device did use a sims card and that sims card would be compatable with another 4G devise I would spent the money to due so. I still have a Craddlepoint 1000 that I can use. So any help to solve theses problem is much appreciated.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Howdy!

The device we have MiFi 2200 and has no sims card. If I new what 3G device did use a sims card and that sims card would be compatable with another 4G devise I would spent the money to due so. I still have a Craddlepoint 1000 that I can use. So any help to solve theses problem is much appreciated.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Perhaps Ronbo can furnish the name of a device for what you want to do.

The only sim cards Verizon used in 3G devices were not for the purpose sim cards were used for other carriers and not what are used now by Verizon for account activation. When Verizon first solicited Apple to build phones for use on their network, Apple refused to build a separate model for them. Other carriers used sim cards. So, Verizon acquired IPhone 4's with sim card slots. However, the sim card was not used for account activation or account information as they are today.

A few devices also had sim card slots for international activation with Verizon. However, to my knowledge, there is not a device available which will allow you to do what you want to do. Verizon started using sim cards for account activation on 4G.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Buy a modem or MiFi on eBay and move the SIM card.

Verizon didn't use sim cards in 3G devices or phones.

Yes they do. Have for years.

You have to realize this USB modem does not have a SIM card. When we purchased the plan in about 2006 Verizon did not use them they had propriatery program to access the Internet.

It is not as simple as putting in a new sim, sorry.

Jeanie and John

Ford F-250 super crew

Americana 34/35 GS (it's a Forest River Cardinal with extras)

Howdy!

We got our Verizon bill this month and it went up $20.00. We've had this unlimited data only plan sence 2005 and it has always been $59.99. Now they increased the monthly plan to $79.99. With the increase I was the in hopes they would now let us purchase a new 4G hotspot as they have done with the grandfathered unlimited phone plans. I have talked with them and store representatives and they still want let us even with the plan price increase. They only want to replace it with a new data plan and we loose our unlimited plan. Our old 3G MiFi 2200 is on it's last leg, and I don't think it last much longer. Verizon no longer offers any 3G devices. Would like to know if anyone else has seen a price increase like this from Verizon. Also if you've had any success any a new device connected to you old unlimited data plan.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Is that a unlimited Hotspot use?

I have a Sprint 4G/LTE with unlimited voice, text, data on iPhone & 3GB hotspot for $67.51 including taxes etc.

Only had 2 places last summer when traveling that I had no data service. But neither did my Verizon Straighttalk hotspot in the same places. They were AT&T areas.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived