Sarahloo13

House/RV Exchange England, UK

9 posts in this topic

Greetings from Oxford U.K.

My name is Sarah and along with my family of five, from near Oxford, England we were planning to go on an extended RV tour of the USA next year. We originally intended to buy an A Class and come in early 2017, but unfortunately family commitments meant we must postpone the longer trip for a year or so. However, we would still like to come over for a shorter duration in the spring - but this would make purchasing our own RV an unrealistic complication for less than a month.

Rather than spending a large slice of our longer trip budget on rental fees, we first thought we would be cheeky and reach out to Stateside RV owners like yourselves to see if anyone would be interested in spending a month in our 4 bed house in the U.K, set looking over a valley in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, while we're using your RV to see just some of the sights your great nation has to offer? Our intention is stay fairly local as we really want to explore at a slow pace.

Our house has 3 double bedrooms and a smaller single bedroom. It is situated in the small village called Steeple Aston in North Oxfordshire. We have a village pub, a canal and train station, which takes you to London in 40 mins, only a short walk away. We also have beautiful rural walks right outside our back door. We are only a 10 min drive from Blenheim Palace, 10 mins from Bicester and its world famous 'Bicester Village', 1/2 hour from Oxford City and only an hour’s drive from London.

I do understand this is an unusual proposition, so perhaps I may take just a moment to introduce us and demonstrate how we really do understand RV's and the nitty gritty of RV rental (motorhomes here in UK) extremely well.

We actually own and run two motorhome hire/rental businesses here in the U.K: oxfordshire-motorhome-hire.co.uk and motorhomefromhome.co.uk.

We are now more of an agency, so don't actually own a vehicle ourselves as such anymore, but we may also be able to organize one to use for a week or so if of interest?

My husband Charlie would be the main driver, and as an ex truck mechanic and medically retired firefighter has extensive experience in looking after and driving large vehicles. With us would also be our 3 daughters, Georgina (17), Katherine (14), and Lily (4). All are fully house trained.

If you are even a little interested and would like to know some more about us before going any further, we actually have a book available written about all our family and our journey into motorhome hire - available on Amazon or both our websites.

A long shot I know, so please excuse this email if this is not of interest to you - but who knows, someone out there may like to take advantage of this as a mutually beneficial and enjoyable arrangement?

Thank you for your attention and I do look forward to hearing any thoughts, suggestions or questions you may have.

Best regards

Sarah Packer

Www.oxfordshire-motorhome-hire.co.uk

Gorgeous part of England to go visit if anyone is thinking about this. I don't have a MH, only an unlicensed fifth wheel right now. Hope you find what you're looking for.

I'm very interested. I have a Tiffin Allegro Open Road 35QBA front engine diesel with two bunk beds (great for kids). I have lived in Europe and this would be a great experience. I am close to the Smokey mountains (Murphy, NC) Georgia and Tennessee and close to a lot of national and state parks. Please

Email me if this might be of interest. Lourdesll@aol.com

Thanks

I had to look up your area on Google Maps and what a neat area to be in. I spent a total of 6 weeks in Gloucester for work back in 2014 and I loved it. I had a rental car and drove up to Wales and visited the Caernarfon Castle which was amazing! I visited several other castles and drove all over the little back country roads of England which was just beautiful. I even went SW down to Widecombe in the Moor and explored that area. I spent a few days in London when my wife flow over to visit and we had a great time there too. I even took her back to Caernarfon as I wanted her to experience that also.

I hope someone gets the opportunity to experience this and I'm sure Sarahloo13 and her family will love visiting the US.

Hello there Sarah Just to run this by you.

We are a couple in our fifties from Hertfordshire. We have been travelling the states on & off since 2003 and we are SKP members since 2004. We have now covered all 50 states and 46 of them again. There isn't much we don't know about the RV life style after owning 3 RV's 3 trucks and 3 cars over there in last 14 years. We driven apprx 165,000 miles and stayed in 460 campgrounds, seen nearly all the National Parks and most cities. We currently own a 32ft 3 slide top of the range 5th Wheel and GMC 6.6 Duramax diesel long bed pick truck to tow it with.

Your first plans would have fitted in perfectly with our plans. We have sort of decided to stop RVing for now and to sell everything, and I mean everything, pots, pans, outside chairs the list is huge it took us 14 years to collect it all.

We are at home at the moment in Boxmoor Hemel Hempstead and we fly out 14th Feb to Florida for 6 weeks, this is to mainly oversee a house we own out there that we just sold.

I not sure where you are going to for your month but hopefully some where warm as the start of year is cold in most places in the states.

Even if you made Florida a side trip to meet up and we could pass on all our tips and places to stop & see etc once you hit the road next year, it might work out to buy something now ready for next year we know places in Florida to store for $30 a month.

The things that make the trip so great in an RV as you now is that feeling of home from home which ours certainly is. We put 2 websites together ( not finished yet ) need more photos which I'll get when we are out there on the pretence of selling our truck and 5th wheel..... a little sad really but the world is big place !!!

Hope we can help you

www.5thwheelforsale.weebly.com

www.pickupforsale.weebly.com

Our number here in the UK is 07710 655220

in the states 1 225 333 7773

Julea & Alan Field

I'm so sorry everyone!

I have only just come across these messages from long ago, as I hadn't realised I didn't set notifications to my email address.

I will reply to you all just please bear with me as I go through them.

Huge apologies again!

Regards

Sarah

Dune

Gorgeous part of England to go visit if anyone is thinking about this. I don't have a MH, only an unlicensed fifth wheel right now. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Sorry for the late reply, I have only just found these messages!

It really is a beautiful part of England and pretty central to explore the rest too. Although, it really is just a pop to the shops compared to the US!

Thanks

Sarah

Sounds like an incredible opportunity for the right person!!

Thanks Singwing12 we are hoping to make this happen.