Greetings from Oxford in the UK

Sarahloo13

My name is Sarah and along with my family of five, from near Oxford, England we were planning to go on an extended RV tour of the USA next year. We originally intended to buy an A Class and come in early 2017, but unfortunately family commitments meant we must postpone the longer trip for a year or so. However, we would still like to come over for a shorter duration in the spring - but this would make purchasing our own RV an unrealistic complication for less than a month.

Rather than spending a large slice of our longer trip budget on rental fees, we first thought we would be cheeky and reach out to Stateside RV owners like yourselves to see if anyone would be interested in spending a month in our 4 bed house in the U.K, set looking over a valley in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, while we're using your RV to see just some of the sights your great nation has to offer? Our intention is stay fairly local as we really want to explore at a slow pace.

Our house has 3 double bedrooms and a smaller single bedroom. It is situated in the small village called Steeple Aston in North Oxfordshire. We have a village pub, a canal and train station, which takes you to London in 40 mins, only a short walk away. We also have beautiful rural walks right outside our back door. We are only a 10 min drive from Blenheim Palace, 10 mins from Bicester and its world famous 'Bicester Village', 1/2 hour from Oxford City and only an hour’s drive from London.

I do understand this is an unusual proposition, so perhaps I may take just a moment to introduce us and demonstrate how we really do understand RV's and the nitty gritty of RV rental (motorhomes here in UK) extremely well.

We actually own and run two motorhome hire/rental businesses here in the U.K: oxfordshire-motorhome-hire.co.uk and motorhomefromhome.co.uk.

We are now more of an agency, so don't actually own a vehicle ourselves as such anymore, but we may also be able to organize one to use for a week or so if of interest?

My husband Charlie would be the main driver, and as an ex truck mechanic and medically retired firefighter has extensive experience in looking after and driving large vehicles. With us would also be our 3 daughters, Georgina (17), Katherine (14), and Lily (4). All are fully house trained.

If you are even a little interested and would like to know some more about us before going any further, we actually have a book available written about all our family and our journey into motorhome hire - available on Amazon or both our websites.

A long shot I know, so please excuse this email if this is not of interest to you - but who knows, someone out there may like to take advantage of this as a mutually beneficial and enjoyable arrangement?

Thank you for your attention and I do look forward to hearing any thoughts, suggestions or questions you may have.

Best regards

Sarah Packer

Www.oxfordshire-motorhome-hire.co.uk

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Happy to have you join us here.

There just happens to be a special forum as part of this board which is intended for just the sort of post which you are making. It hasn't been very active, but it is called RV Rig Exchanges and is farther into the forums. Good luck on the swap effort.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived