Kirk Wood

RV lot for sale in rural Smith County, TX

8 posts in this topic

I have been asked by a neighbor to assist him in the sale of his lot. Due to family considerations, he has chosen to sell this lot with a cabin that was completed less than 1 year ago. He is asking for $42,500.

RV lot is in Bass Lake Christian Retirement Community. This lot is 55' by 90' in heavy pine timber. Cabin on the lot is 15' by 20' with a covered porch in front. Cabin is finished with shower & toilet and is furnished with TV, futon, two chairs, an apartment size refrigerator & microwave, all of which stay with cabin.

The RV pad has 50a power, water, and sewer. The lot has both city water for potable use and also well water for car washing and lawn watering. It is located in a private community which does allow construction of small homes for permanent dwelling.

The community supplies water, sewer, streets, trash collection, and a community center for an annual fee of $700. Electricity is from Wood County Electric and propane delivery is available. There are 65 total lots in the community with approximately 50 developed homes. It is a member owned community that is managed by a board of directors, elected by the membership. It is located in rural Smith County and has fishing on the property and easy access to Garden Valley Golf Club and very easy access to interstate 20. It is about 20 miles from Tyler and 12 miles from Lindale.

The advertisement for this ad can be seen by visiting Craig's List, where there are also several pictures.

cabin1-300.JPG.6c29ac0d05aabd4b29034f7a0f71e90a.JPG

More than half of the residents of this community are or have been members of the Escapees RV Club and the community is organized in a similar manner to the club's co-op parks but does allow construction of small homes.

Edited by Kirk Wood

Saw this site when we stopped and visited Kirk, and looked at the community a week ago. It's a nice site, I think the shade is welcome in the Texas summer! A quiet picturesque site. I'll be torn if it sells quickly, LOL.

Keith, we have had a few lookers so far but one of them just contacted about returning for a second look. Still for sale though.

This lot is still seeking a new owner. Stop by and have a look.

The posting has expired on Craig's list, so no extra pictures to be seen.

This lot is still available and the price has been reduced from $46,500 to $42,500. If you are considering this community just drop me a note and I'll be happy to arrange for you to tour the community and visit the site.

Kirk Wood      email  woody (at) 1tree.net 

call or text (817)480-7065

cabin1-300.JPG

Edited by Kirk Wood

Good evening!  I am in the market for a 'home base' lot either near the DFW or Austin area. 

Not necessarily in the city but driveable as my children live in both cities.  

Are there still lots available with utilities in place here? 

There is currently one lot that has not been developed which is for sale (or soon will be). That lot has water, sewer, & electric but no other improvements. The lot advertised above is still available at this time, although there is a couple who are considering it at present. In addition, we have 3 homes that are for sale by their owners. 

Our location is about 70 miles to the east of the Dallas area (where we have adult children)  and is located just off or interstate highway 20.