Just a Howdy From a Newbie

MrsFlyFishingNomad

Hello! My husband (FlyFishingNomad) and I are brand new members. He and I have been researching and planning (dreaming) our launch into Full-Timing for years now! First, I'd like to say "thank you all and thank goodness" for the awesome amount of knowledge on these forum boards, and also in the Escapees/Escapers websites.

Our current setup of a Starcraft 2700BH travel trailer and our Hummer H2 was a generous gift from a family member who had been using it for short camping jaunts. The travel trailer is smaller than we would like for our future, however it is what we have for our launch and will be utilizing it until we decide on what rig we will be getting in the future (Class A, Class C or Bus Conversion - not at all sure yet and that's a ways out).

I have to say researching the GVWR and GVCW was a monster. I didn't think the Hummer could pull the trailer, but after finally finding the tow information in the manual (phew!), we are good to go with the trailer we have. That was a difficult thing to figure out, and without the guidance on this board - I would have pulled my hair out. So thank you all for that as well.

Ok, back to work! Thanks again to everyone who so willingly reach out to the new folks, and those with questions and hand out your knowledge and experiences.

Monica

You're incredibly welcome! Don't hesitate to jump in feet first.. and if you have any questions.. we will be more than happy to provide at least 3 different answers so you'll have a nice selection to choose from (it's included with your membership). ;)

Welcome to forum and Escapees. Plenty of good information can be found here along with many opinions and solutions related to our common problems. Your questions, opinions, and solutions will help all of us improve our RV life.

Bob

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

We are all flattered by your kind comments, Monica! It is great that you have chosen to join the Escapees in both the forums and the RV club. Consider this to be an "official" Escapee hug of welcome and also your personal invitation to join us next March in Tucson for the next Escapade(national rally).

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

Hi M,

We did just that, jumped right in feet first and have been enjoying this life style a lot! :)

I went out and purchased an A Class, I never likes the looks of them and wanted a C class but after having one, I feel it is the best for an open layout and has lots of room for the 2 of us. It is a 1990 27' coachmen on a P30 chassis.

It did need a total rehab but that is what i do for a living, took 3 months but the inside is all brand new.

Take a good hard look at any used RV for water damage from the roof. This is where most of them have issues.

If you need a points on fixing up the inside of you future fun mobil just drop me a line perhaps i could help you out.

Cheers

RV'ers

Archived