Vacum for RV

We have been keeping an eye out for a new Vacum for the 5ver .

It seems that most of the ones we have seen are mostly just plan to wide and bulky for the RV .

Thought i would ask if others have found anythink that has enough power to acualy clean but small enough to fit in the smaller spaces of an RV yet still be a fair price for what im getting.

Any suggestions ?

We got a mini-Dyson that works well ...Looks like the big ones but is smaller. They also make several smaller ones now that look more like a power broom but are true vacuum cleaners. Pricey compared to the cheap brands, but they work.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Thanks for the replys we have looked at them both just was not sure about enough power to get the drirt up . May just make a trip to Wally world today.

Take a close look at Dirt Devil vacs while you're at Walmart . Cheap 40 - 50 bucks fairly small and get a ton of crap off the floor . Easy clean and you can see when it's ready for emptying .

Goes around , comes around .

Dyson V6. Works for a family of 6. To me, it looks like a toy. I scoffed when the DW unboxed the thing. However, it replaced the venerable Electrolux and Kirby at home and now goes on all of our RVing trips. It takes a few recharges to get through the whole house, but it can knock out the RVs in short order. Looks can be deceiving.

2006 Renegade/Freightliner Coronado 43', Detroit, twin screw, 12spd

Take a close look at Dirt Devil vacs while you're at Walmart . Cheap 40 - 50 bucks fairly small and get a ton of crap off the floor . Easy clean and you can see when it's ready for emptying .

Same here. The one we bought about 6 years ago on sale for $29 is still going strong. That's 6 years of Full Time use BTW!

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

We have tried three different vacs including a Eureka Whirlwind and a Shark - I don't remember what the other one was. None of them worked very well in our opinion.

A few years ago I took the Eureka into a vacuum sales and repair shop and told him I wanted something a lot better and still small since it was for a motor home. He tested the suction and the airflow on the Eureka (said the airflow is more important than the suction) and came up with a Super Fastvac 500 Vacuum made by Schneider Industries in California. It has 85 inches of water lift and 115 cubic feet of airflow. That was over twice what the Eureka had and over three times what the Shark had. It's pricey - list is $170 (I paid about $130) but it does a heck of a job. I also bought a vacuum powered carpet brush head that cost another $38 and unlike the one that came with the Shark, it is hard to slow down.

It's small: Weight = 4.5 pounds, Dimensions =7”x12.5”x4.5” but powerful and comes with the usual attachments plus attachments for cleaning computer keyboards and the like. Those work great on the motor home dash.

Vacuum shops carry them but I haven't seen them at the mass merchandisers like Target or Walmart. I have seen it at Amazon and other places for as little as $80.

The web site is HERE if you are interested.

Edited by Clay L

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

Another vote for the Dyson V6. I bought the motorized head. Amazing performance for a battery operated unit. Amazingly high price though.

And yet another - Dyson V6 Ultimate. Does a great job.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Our coach came with a central vacuum system that seems to work pretty well ... however, for "quick cleans", my wife doesn't like having to drag out the heavy hose. So .. for "cleaning day", we use the central vac and for "quick cleans" she uses a little Hoover Linx Cordless unit. Depending on the nature of the mess - I'll sometimes just grab a broom to sweep the tile floor and sweep the debris into the "electric dustpan" which sucks it down into the central vac bag system. Truth be told - all three approaches do a pretty good job. I'd be happy to simply use the central vac ... but my DW likes the lighter, somewhat easier to sling around Hoover cordless unit.

The Spacenorman

2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43' DFT

2012 Jeep Liberty

Our Travel Website: www.penquinhead.com​

We installed a central vac system ourselves. Has almost too much power. Just love it, has small footprint in cabinet under sink(sink is on an island)

What system did you add? My coach came with the Maxum RV2000 which is basically a Dirt Devil in a different color. Even with a power head we felt it was barely adequate so bought a Dyson DC24 "All Floors" small ball model for deep cleaning.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

It id a Dirt Devil.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Products-9880-Central-Vacuum/dp/B01HFJB83Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476388287&sr=8-2&keywords=dirt+devil+rv++vacuum

Literally lifts up the carpet in the bedroom. DH has to vacuum, I can't push it on the carpet too long. Maybe yours is installed wrong? We had the same one in another rv and it was just as effective.

'

Thanks everyone still being open minded for this but leaning toward the central vac .

The Dirt devil seems to have the most vac power for the money.

Funny when you start looking for one thing how you end up with a better thing than you planed for.

Edited by Tex Bigfoot

• 4 years later...

We have a built in Dirt Devil and it is great except for dragging around the hose.  The DD is use about once a month.  We use a Dyson Wireless Animal for daily vacuum chores and it does great.  Only problem with the Dyson is the cost.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

We bought a refurbished Dyson from Dyson directly and saved quite a bit. It came with a 6 month warranty and looked brand new. Has worked flawlessly. Really like our Dyson cordless.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

We bought a refurbished Shark Rocket for our RV. It is corded but very powerful. We had a Dyson ball for the house and the Rocket sucked more up after using the Dyson in the same spot! So we got the Shark Liftaway for the house and still use the Rocket a lot. The rocket has to be emptied more often but the filters are cleanable and we keep our vacs clean. It also becomes a small handheld if you remove the long tube and beater bar. The Rocket really sucks. We were Dyson too before Shark. Our shop vac is a battery Ryobi that sucks too, it uses the 18 volt battery all my tools use.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire