Winter Campgrounds for Big Rigs

ms60ocb

Just starting to recall last winter we were traveling in Kentucky and Tennessee and found a big void in open campgrounds.

I like the Good Sam's RV book but a little short on camp sites that are open 4 seasons.

Is there any listing of campgrounds that are specifically open year round.

We will in the Lexington KY and Murfreesboro TN area in mid Dec plus other areas near those states between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

In Illinois most state parks remain open in the winter with very limited service and then some not big friendly. I not looking for the winter activities unless you call Basketball a winter activity.

Some KOA's are open year round depending how far you south you venture.

Thanks Clay

DRV MS 38PS3 and Freightliner M2

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

You lost me when you started talking about KOA's. Ha. We are workamping in NW Arkansas at a COE park. There are a couple of these parks around Beaver Lake that stay open year round with electricity on. No showerhouses open. Water available at the dump site. I haven't heard of a book that specifically lists those that are open year round. I guess you would just have to call them.

Jan & Thomas

2012 Drv Mobile Suite 5'r

2012 Ford F350 Super Duty

I believe Allstays has an option for "open all year". We are now in northern MI and experiencing the problem of cgs closing down though the weather is fine,

I was going to suggest Allstays too, and in fact, just checked my app (best money I ever spent) and yes, you can filter by 'open all year' as well as 50 other parameters :)

I just noticed that you can even filter by KOA, Passport America etc as well

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the tip on using the filter. Last winter I did the phone calling with out much luck but this year I'm looking for more specific locations up to a week.

Just trying to find a easier method.

Maybe some RV books will add a column for number of months of operation.

Have a good day as the fall leaves are starting to turn in SW Wisconsin.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Many campgrounds will publish their open date but not a close date so you end up calling.

And some post there close date also. But I have learned that they tend not to update stuff on the web a lot. Calling will always give you the correct answer.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 1 month later...

Archived