FINALLY HAPPENED!

Dejae

Sorry to be so winded but it has taken us sooooooo long with more blocks, bumps and bruises to get here. We are so excited that I had to share the majority of the story. Oct 30 starts the first day of second and new life!

Almost 6 years ago we bought our first motorhome while we still had our sticks and bricks.

We took a month trip to Oregon and realized that if we were going to full time as we planned, we would need a bigger coach.

So we sold off the first one, got rid of the Sticks and Bricks. Moved into a rental home till we found what was right for us plus to

take time sorting and getting rid of 36+ years of STUFF!

In the meantime, youngest son...who was living with oldest son in Florida and helping him get his business off the ground....suddenly

found himself homeless after 17 months as oldest found a girlfriend, that had 2 kids and wanted to move her in. So they did.

All was kind of fine....then oldest son decided to marry said girlfriend and at that point took total claim to the house and told youngest he had to relocate.

Well being he was living there for free, oldest son wasn't paying him much money and had also let him buy his car and make payments, now that oldest son had a truck.

Youngest had to work 2 full time jobs as oldest did not give pay raise to youngest when told to move. As a result youngest who was 30...had no life at all, Started to really hate St Petersburg and wanted out. So as moms and dads do, we paid off car for him because oldest would not let him leave with it without paying it off first and took youngest back in.

Now youngest after 6 months luckily finds an awesome job here that I happen to see advertised on the news and he gets the job.

But now says he needs 2 years to build up funds to move and afford apartment. Well if I am staying here another 2 years, I may as well buy a house and stop renting a house. So we did....July 10, 2014 (2 days before my birthday), we bought a house....Sept 30, 2014 son gets a big promo and raise. Now tells me he is moving out Nov 1, 2014.

Now of course mom and dad has to wait 2 years to at least break even on house.

So July 15, 2016, we get an offer on the house and will even make a little money off it.

Closing set for Sept 30, 2016. Started searching for coach was finding nothing to suit us. Then we finally found one and couldn't find

a bank that would understand we are not over extended....THE HOUSE IS SOLD.... we are not paying a mortgage and a coach payment. Finally my accountant who has a motorhome as a vacation unit....sent me to his credit union....they approved whole payment...no money down and told us that the coach was actually appraised for $55,000.00 more than we paid. Wanted to give us a loan bigger than the purchase, we said no, they said let us know...anytime, we can do it.

Couldn't find inspector to do a full inspection, so we went on a wing and prayer cause the price was so good (almost to good to be true and hope never to be the issue)....we did our own inspection as best we could and away we took her home on August 21, 2016

Brought her home, paid for an immediate full inspection and they claim all was great.

We have since put in a residential french door refrigerator.

Moved into her fulltime officially the evening of Sept 30, 2016

Now in a week we should be heading to Oregon to have the dome removed and trying to decide if RF MOGUL or a WINEGARD TRAVELER will be put up. We will also have a custom cabinet installed in place of second couch that will have a tv lift in it and storage in the front of it. We are also having over the driver/passenger seats reworked for better and more storage.

So, we are officially fulltimers but living amongst a million boxes as we ran out of time to setup home, so doing so daily now. But we are excited!!!!!

Hope someday to meet alot of you......but we still have lots to do, get our max signal installed (well hopefully hubby will figure that out)...eventually a wifi ranger too. And who knows what else! lol

Thanks for listening/reading my my readers digest version of getting to this point.

Blessed Travels,
Judi, John, Peanut and DeJae' (Our baby girl DeJae passed 7/21/2019)

Congrats on your going fulltime!!

About TV.

I love our Dish Network Winegard Traveler. However I know nothing about RF Mogul, it could be better or just as good. Looking online at the RF Mogul company store I see they want $1995 for the system. Amazon has the Dish Network Wingard Traveler for $1205 and free shipping for Prime members. The Winegard Direct TV is $1487.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Sharona61bio, I would encourage you to read some of the singles blogs that full time and if possible go to some of the events that they have and talk with those that do it. There are many single ladies full timing and if that is your dream, don't give up on it!!

Congratulations on reaching your full time goal!!! Of all the stories I have heard, you definitely deserve for your dreams to come true!!! Prayers for safety for you and I hope we cross paths someday!!

Thank you and same here Singwing, hope we cross paths someday soon too.

We are delayed at least a week to leave for Oregon as we are not done yet. Not sure if one of the dogs is sick....they both were taking walks fine, no suddenly I have to drag them so they will go do their business. Like as if they just don't want to walk. So gotta make appt for vets. And my doctor who is on of my BFFs. her husband passed away in his sleep at age 54......so the dreaded funeral Wed. Never seems to stop.

Blessed Travels,

If you made it through all that you'll surely be successful in your new full-timing lifestyle. Pretty soon you'll be able to relax!

Fro your mouth to the good Lord's ears. I don't even know what the word relax means right now.

Blessed Travels,

Wow ! What a story. We wish you all the best in your future travels.

Thank you CKC, we have to get out of the mess before we can see the future! lol

Blessed Travels,

You have the patience of a saint

OH SO NOT TRUE!!!!! lol

I am a raving lunatic with all of this......my doctor says I am going to develop hi blood pressure and give myself a stress stroke. I told her...it just add to the rest of the fun I am having.

Blessed Travels,

Anyone who survived all that will have no trouble coping with whatever issues the fulltiming life might raise. Glad you are finally on your way.

Linda Sand

Not yet....might be living in it and might be the only home I have right now....but haven't even moved out of the first campground and life seems to be throwing this little firecrackers at me constantly. Trying to take one day at a time but the days are going to fast.

Blessed Travels,

Congrats on your going fulltime!!

About TV.

I love our Dish Network Winegard Traveler. However I know nothing about RF Mogul, it could be better or just as good. Looking online at the RF Mogul company store I see they want $1995 for the system. Amazon has the Dish Network Wingard Traveler for $1205 and free shipping for Prime members. The Winegard Direct TV is $1487.

Thanks Al.....the problem so far is....that every where we call, no one wants to put YOUR PRIVATE PURCHASED dish up for you. We need directv at this time.

The nice part I saw about the RF Mogul was that the wind won't unlock it and if you should want to go dish, you just swap out a part, no need for a full new antenna to be mounted. All the places I called in Oregon cause thought get it all done while doing the cabinets up there...most of them will do both but say they are really loving the results and company cooperation on the RF Mogul. (Could just be hype cause they get a better kickback, who knows these days)

Still not sure that means I would be ok to do it alone. :unsure:

Blessed Travels,

Congratulations!! I am retired, have the time and want to be a full-time RV'er, but don't want to do it solo. For now, I'll keep dreaming or living vicariously through guys like you :)

Sharon I so hear ya. There is 17 years between DH and I and he will be 76 in 8 days....I worry if anything should happen to him....how will I feel about doing this alone....seems unnerving. Hoping that will be a long time away and I will be use to doing all the things that have to be done.

I don't have an issue with driving it as I took lessons from a GREAT GUY.....Gary Lewis at RV Basic Training. I had drove a school bus 35 years ago but not the same. Only thing I haven't done cause we haven't really hit the road is pull the toad but he assured me that wasn't a big deal. I am super super pleased with what Gary taught me. It made me confident to drive a 40' motorhome. I just have to learn the rest of the things about the coach.

Blessed Travels,

Sharona61bio, I would encourage you to read some of the singles blogs that full time and if possible go to some of the events that they have and talk with those that do it. There are many single ladies full timing and if that is your dream, don't give up on it!!

I get what Singwing is saying but I get what Sharon is saying too. Lots of campgrounds have very helpful people and then there are the campgrounds you are in that everyone stays to themselves. Meeting other ladies that full time is awesome....if they and you are willing to caravan. Cause meeting them at meetings is great but they you are kind of on your own when the meeting is said and done

Blessed Travels,

Sharon,

You can do it!

When my mom was too old to travel, she said to me. "The only thing I wish I would have done more of is travel". I will never forget this.

This is my encouragement to go now!

I agree Lorrie.....I think it just is a matter of how old you are. Your confidence level and being alone to face the unknown. JMHO

Blessed Travels,

Archived