Lippert Level Up problem

bdb2047

I have a 2011 Landmark with level up was originally 4 point system but had Lippert change to 6 point in Quartsite 3 years ago.my issue is after being set up and level after about 5 days will settle down on let side about 1" if I re level it in about 5 days will be down an inch again and will continue to lower if not re leveled.I have changed valve for left side rear jacks,I keep old pump and valves from change to 6 point,tested jacks for internal leak per Lippert lip sheet and found no problems.Have had several discussions with Lippert on phone to get this point. Anyone have a similar problem or ides to find cause? Thanks

What does Lippert's tech support say? In my experience, the tech named "Bill" is very good at his job.

You have to make sure they understand what the specific problem is and what your setup is. I had one tech tell me my reservoir was not properly filled, but he didn't understand what reservoir I had, despite my telling him twice.

Search the net about Cat hydraulic additive and Lippert jacks.

It is available at Catepiller heavy equipment dealers. Call lippert and ask about adding this to help seal the seals in the jacks them selves.

I do mobile RV repair and have it in my vehicle for your situation if a customer has jacks that will leak as yours.

Safe Trsvels, Vern

Search the net about Cat hydraulic additive and Lippert jacks.

It is available at Catepiller heavy equipment dealers. Call lippert and ask about adding this to help seal the seals in the jacks them selves.

I do mobile RV repair and have it in my vehicle for your situation if a customer has jacks that will leak as yours.

Safe Trsvels, Vern

Do you mean this additive, Caterpillar Hydraulic Oil Additive 1U-9891?

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Problem solved. I talked to Lippert tech again,4th time and a different tech and response from each.This time the tech,Bob,told me the only way this could happen was leak,bad valve or jack with valve the most likely canidate,since fluid level was not changing.He suggested I use allen wrench and close valve a turn then open fully.After closing 1 turn I opened it and got about 1 1/4 turn on wrench.This has solved issue Thanks for responses.

I have a 2014 Thor Hurricane 27K with the same issue you have described here. Every time I've had it in for other issues since I bought it in January, the dealer has checked the levelers and found no problems. Lippert just said "sounds like a weight distribution problem and told me to have the dealer reset the zero point after putting out my slide. (It sinks to the side of the slide with the kitchen and King headboard). I gave up and have just keep manually leveling it after 2-3 days of putting up with the tilt. It also makes very loud noises that sound like metal scraping against metal. I was told this is just from cooling down at night but I am in Livingston TX right now and it doesn't get that cool at night. Does anyone know of an independent RV repair service near here or Houston who can do what you are describing here? I can't do it myself.

• 1 month later...

Problem solved. I talked to Lippert tech again,4th time and a different tech and response from each.This time the tech,Bob,told me the only way this could happen was leak,bad valve or jack with valve the most likely canidate,since fluid level was not changing.He suggested I use allen wrench and close valve a turn then open fully.After closing 1 turn I opened it and got about 1 1/4 turn on wrench.This has solved issue Thanks for responses.

Curious about where this Allen screw was? Was it on the individual jack, or on the main pump and or valve body?

2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF, 8K morRYDE IS, Disc brakes, 17.5" Hi Spec Aluminum Wheels w Goodyear G114 H rated tires

2016 F350 King Ranch DRW, 3.73, 4x4, Super Duty Crew Cab, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel.

26,760 CGVW

Lippert leveling systems vary in design by rv type & manufacturer. On mine. - a 4 leg system, the valves were on each front leg for fronts & on the valve body for rears & slides. Tell Lippert that you need the "Lip Sheet" for your SPECIFIC rig.

Diagrahms, photos, words & part numbers.

Ron

Archived