exhaust fan

mesa

Good morning all , my fan switch (on/off button broke) so I unhooked the wires from wires feeding it power now the red light is on in the fuse box but changed the fuse even though other looked good and everything is working in rv but light in fuse box still on.Would removing the fan from loop cause it to sense an open circuit?

thanks still figuring out this 12 volt stuff.

Mike Foster

2020 Transcend 221RB

2017 Chevrolet 2500 HD

20190920_161514.jpg

Much depends upon how the circuit is wired, but in all such boxes that I have seen, that read light only turns on when the fuse is open. As a retired service tech, I assure you that the only way to be sure that a fuse is good is to measure it with an ohm meter. When you do, 0 ohms means the fuse is good. Or you could try another fuse by swapping a good one with it and see if the red light follows the fuse now in that circuit.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Much depends upon how the circuit is wired, but in all such boxes that I have seen, that read light only turns on when the fuse is open. As a retired service tech, I assure you that the only way to be sure that a fuse is good is to measure it with an ohm meter. When you do, 0 ohms means the fuse is good. Or you could try another fuse by swapping a good one with it and see if the red light follows the fuse now in that circuit.

Kirk ,tested fuse is good as bathroom lights still work which were on same fuse as exhaust fan. Scratching my head on this.

Mike Foster

2020 Transcend 221RB

2017 Chevrolet 2500 HD

20190920_161514.jpg

Archived