slackercruster

Did you ever pay $100+ for a parking spot at a RV campsight?

33 posts in this topic

Just got back from the Austin City Limits Music Festival. Stayed at a campground in Downtown Austin near Zilker park. Minimum 5 nights, $100 per night. It was a 12 minute walk to the Festival entrance.

The next closest was about 7 miles away, $30 or $35 per night, if I remember correctly, but almost an hour commute during rush hour and $30 to park near the festival entrance.

My daughter went last year, stayed in a Motel 6, about 4 miles away, and the 3 nights she stayed cost as much as our spot rental for 5 nights. Plus she either had to drive in or take a taxi.

Yes it was spendy, but in the wear and tear vs aggravation, not a bad trade off.

But it'll be a few years before I do it again. LOL

I agree, there are times when spending that much is well worth it to be close to something you want to do. The lack of commute hassle is will worth the extra cost.

I think the most we ever paid per night was $85/night at http://www.seaperchrvresort.com/rates.htm It is worth the price!

I agree, there are times when spending that much is well worth it to be close to something you want to do. The lack of commute hassle is will worth the extra cost.

The three most-often used words in realty are "Location, Location,Location!

I would rather pay for staying close, rather than pay a third or half and commute 3 hrs each day.

Edited by RayIN

Just a report back...I was able to get a dry camp spot for less in Jersey City. Worked out fine for my work and just fit my budget.

Edited by slackercruster

Just a report back...I was able to get a dry camp spot for less in Jersey City. Worked out fine for my work and just fit my budget.

Glad you were able to find something that worked better for you.

Linda Sand

Would you mind sharing the location of the dry camping spot so others might use it in the future?

I guess it just depends how close you want to get.....glad you found a spot in Jersey City for less