RV How's the Back

DJW

RV,

I'm curious to have an update on your back condition?  I think you used "laser spine institute".  What are your thoughts at this point?

Jim

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim,

Sorry I missed this for six days! I am not here as much as I'd like nowadays. I had two setbacks because I did not do the rehab exercises as prescribed and pulled it twice but recovered both times. I was a bit off put and now am restarting my conditioning program to lose the 50 pounds I put on with limited activity and since quitting smoking in 2010. (I actually gave up beer too since one goes with the other for me, drink a beer light a smoke) Their surgery worked out for me. They do a free consult and read your recent MRIs to tell you if your condition is eligible for their procedures.

Thanks so much for asking Jim! I would recommend them to anyone who they say qualifies for their procedures.

Are you contemplating using them too?

Hope all is well on your end bud!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

2 hours ago, RV_ said:

Jim,

Sorry I missed this for six days! I am not here as much as I'd like nowadays. I had two setbacks because I did not do the rehab exercises as prescribed and pulled it twice but recovered both times. I was a bit off put and now am restarting my conditioning program to lose the 50 pounds I put on with limited activity and since quitting smoking in 2010. (I actually gave up beer too since one goes with the other for me, drink a beer light a smoke) Their surgery worked out for me. They do a free consult and read your recent MRIs to tell you if your condition is eligible for their procedures.

Thanks so much for asking Jim! I would recommend them to anyone who they say qualifies for their procedures.

Are you contemplating using them too?

Hope all is well on your end bud!

RV

Yea, I've had a bad back for a number of years, but it has always been manageable until I retired four years ago.  I think the lack of strenuous activity is making it worse.  I am seeing a neurosurgeon who feels that physical therapy rather than an operation is the best course of action.  I agree, so I do physical therapy religiously and that seems to help greatly.  The thought of someone cutting around my spine worries me, so I will put it off as long as I can.

Stick to the physical therapy.  When you make it part of your routine. . . it becomes routine.    

Jim

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

I hear ya Jim and you're spot on. I do better with it too. But it is hard to hold back and go slow. I think I may just get into PT again too. It is a PITA after 65 to switch from athlete mode to old dude without getting a choice. Time to put the total gym back together and use my bike. I had great results before the surgery with PT as well.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived