Bought a Conversion Van and turning it into a Class B

usaperuvian

We bought a 36' Rexhall Rexair RV two years ago and it was fine when we took short trips but now that we want to on the road more my husband doesn't want to drive the RV alone. So we bought a nice used Ford E150 Conversion Van and plan on making that our travel vehicle and live in the large RV.

We need to put in a rooftop air conditioner because we have dogs that travel with us and I want them to be comfortable in the back of the van. Any particular brand I should ask for when getting a quote?

Also want to get a generator but don't know if I want to get a portable Honda or a Onan built in. What's your comments and ideas on this?

Has anyone done this before? I googled and got some ideas on youtube but I want a nice looking vehicle and not a room a/c hanging out the window. We are currently in Phoenix Arizona and if you can recommend any repair or service shops that would be great too.

Thanks in advance for reading and making suggestions,

Joani & Alberto, 1999 Rexhall Rexair 3550

We named our RV Our Casita and got personalized Idaho license plates "RCASITA" because it is our little house in spanish,

Our two dogs always travel with us, Badger 12 years old & Sheba 6 years old

• 6 months later...

We bought a portable a/c unit from Home Depot.  Hubby made a vent holder out of thick styofoam board for the vent.  After painting the board he can install  it in passenger front door window when we are camping.  The board is hardly noticeable when in use. The unit sits behind the passenger seat for use & travel.  It kept our Conversion van cool for our summer trips.  I didn't want an unit hanging out the back door either. 

I'd head on over to cheaprvliving.com

Many of the members over there are vandwellers and there is a lot of collective experience about modifying vans.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

Archived