Volvo cab corrosion warranty

Jim & Wilma

This came up about a year ago from Desolation Roe and I’ll repeat his intro since that chat is locked:

“This may be worth reading if you have rusty doors and are something like a 2007-2009 model year VN series Volvo. I had two badly corroded lower doors. A common problem on VNs in northern service. You have to keep the drain holes completely clear, or else.

Turns out there is a 96 month / 1,000,000 mile warranty on cab corrosion on my model year. The start date is the date your truck went into service, which Volvo can give you from your vin number. Be aware that at some point Volvo changed the warranty to 5 years, 500,000 miles. I don't know the date for the change, but a VIN check will tell you if you qualify.”

We just took our 2009 VNL730 to Nextran in Winter Haven, Florida and they got approval for warranty replacement of the driver’s door due to corrosion. We’re real pleased with the body work they did on the door and a couple other non-warranty repairs they made. If you think this may apply to you, find out your service date and warranty details that apply to your VIN. For us, I was surprised that we still had over a year remaining on the corrosion warranty.

Thanks George for making that post!

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Jim, I am having a corrosion issue on my doors also. I was told that it had to perforate thru the door to be covered. Is that true? I have checked and I have the 96 month 1,000,000 coverage.

<p>Gene & Colleen2009 Volvo 670 customized by Gregg RV Haulers, 2014 New Horizon 5th wheel, 2012 smart car on the deck. Full time 6/17/2014

Vmmonline.org

Gene, you were told correctly. Also, they want see that the corrosion originated from the inside.

Actually both our doors had corrosion with light blistering on the passenger door and heavy blistering and some small perforations on the drivers door. We ground out and repaired the passenger door blisters on my nickel since the body shop manager said no sense even asking for warranty. I think the key for getting warranty on the driver door was the body shop manager taking good photos.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Archived