Pakayak - a 14ft hard sided kayak that packs to 3.5ft

BlueLghtning

Hey everyone, this is my first post here and found something that I thought was worth sharing. My wife and I are looking at becoming full time working RV'ers, maybe early next year, so I've just been doing a lot of reading on this forum and certainly following other full time RV'ers on YT and the web. One thing besides our motorcycles we are both interested having with us is kayaking while out RV'ing. I used to white water kayak a lot some years back and while I don't expect to be chasing white water rivers, I do think having a flat water kayak to go explore various areas would be a lot of fun. The only thing is a good flat water kayaks tend to be very long and take up a lot of space for something you may not use a lot or go long periods of time not using. I'm sure for some people, that makes it tough to justify the space and headache of hauling around a bulky kayak.

I saw this kickstarter today for a Pakayak and thought, wow this could really interest RV'ers where storage space is at a premium. I have no affiliation with this product, just something I saw and thought this is worth sharing to others. The kickstarter is already 128% funded so let's hope these make it to production soon!

- http://pakayak.com/

Pakayak is a high performance hard-shell kayak that happens to come apart and pack down to 3.5 feet. And, it'll change the world. Go where you want, store it where you want, carry it on your back, take it in your convertible and paddle it just like a traditional hard-shell kayak

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Archived