SD Drivers License

skp093018

Kudos to the branch on Russell Ave, Sioux Falls....they have at least 8 counter stations manned. We were in line yesterday, waiting for the door to open at 7AM, were # 3 and 4, and were done and out the door before 7:30. We had our overnight stay receipt in hand, one for each of us, a note from Dakota Post stating we did in fact have an address there, and a property tax statement just in case...which was not needed. They are open 7 to 5:30 M-F, 7 to 5 on S, no testing on Saturday. Russell Ave is easy off and on, east off of 29N about 2 blocks on the right. For those renewing, only an eye test is required.

Regards

Gemstone

'06 Elite Suites, '08 Softail Classic, '06 Softail Deuce.

They were great when we first set our domicile up and when Alternative Resources moved and became Dakota Post.

When we went to change our address from Alt to Dak we had just purchased the HDT. We arrived early as you did and I parked almost behind the building taking 3-4 spots. Doors opened, told the check in attendant what we needed to do, she directed us to separate stations where I started explaining that I needed to have an address change, and change my class of license to an "A". The gentleman asked why I needed a class A license, I explained that we had just bought an HDT truck as our rv toter. He asked if the truck was titled as a farm truck or a motorhome and asked if it was for the truck out back. I answered that yes it was our truck around back and it was recently (the day before) titled as a motorhome in South Dakota. He asked how much does it weigh according to the title. I answered 19k because SD does not use the combined weight rating as was explained to me also the day before because the truck is a "Motorhome". He stated that the class "C" license was the appropriate license for our truck and then while smiling, very quietly told me that he hated me and was jealous because we were able to travel the country in the truck and RV. He said that he had about 8 more years until retirement and he and his wife were looking at motorhomes for extended travel.

If not for the extended conversation about the truck and traveling, we would have been out in 10 minutes or so.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived