I-Phone Location App

Tumbleweed

I am looking for an I-Phone app that will indicate my current location. I am interested in knowing the county name for weather alert purposes.

What app do you use for your I-Phone?

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Dave

2008 Airstream 34’ Classic Trailer

Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins CTD

Barb:

Thanks for the info. I understand that it can be done that way.

Android phones can use an app called "Where am I". Upon opening the app you are provided with information related to your current location.

I can go out to the Apple app store and search for this type of app.

However, I was wondering what other RVer's are using.

Dave

Dave

On my iPhone 6 Plus to find the county I input the nearest town in the Firefox browser search.

For weather Radar that auto marks my location on the map.

NOAA Radar Pro – Severe Weather Alerts, Forecast by Apalon Apps

For local weather temps and it always knows where I am at.

The Weather Channel

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

My iPhone came with a "find my phone" app. Dave used it to track my solo travels. So when I returned home, he was sitting outside waiting to help me unload. I'm not sure you can find your own phone FROM your own phone, though.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Linda:

You misunderstood the question. I know that the iPhone has a "locator function" in case you lose it or it is stolen.

I want to be able to look at my phone (via) an app that tells me what county I am in. NOAA weather alerts are issued by county.

I have identified an iPhone app called "Where am I at" this will do what I want.

There is a similar app for Android phones called "Where am I".

Thanks all for your responses.

Dave

Dave

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I use My Radar Pro on my iPhone and iPad. It knows where you are and shows the radar on a map as well as sounding weather warnings. A severe TS watch just went off 2 minutes ago.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

I use My Radar Pro on my iPhone and iPad. It knows where you are and shows the radar on a map as well as sounding weather warnings. A severe TS watch just went off 2 minutes ago.

So what county does your Radar Pro say you are in? That is the OP question.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

The "Where am I at" app is free unless you want to eliminate advertisments. Then it's $3.99.

I just downloaded the free version. It gives you location including county.

Dave

Dave

So what county does your Radar Pro say you are in? That is the OP question.

You do not have to know the name of the county as this ap gives you the warnings for the location that you are in. It shows your location on a map and the area covered by the warning. It also alerts you that there is a warning at the location you are in.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

I use "My Radar" app too. I'm too cheap to pay $3.99 to remove the ad banners at the bottom. It is available for Windows Phone 10 as well as Windows PC 10, in addition to iOS and Android versions. I use the very good Weather app that comes with Windows PC 8-10 for forecasts and alerts as well. But the "My Radar" app is only a ten minute delay. The radar on the standard Windows Weather App is 30 minutes delayed. But the forecasts and information are most excellent and laid out intuitively.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

YW Dave.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived