Headlight Database

Nuke-E

I think I'm finally ready to introduce a resource I've been working on for a little while. I usually hang out over on the HDT forum, since I haven't had a class A motorhome in a number of years. But when I did, I was underwhelmed by its headlights. Unfortunately for me, that motorhome was an orphan, and I didn't figure out what vehicle the lights were from until after I'd sold it.

Most motorhomes make use of headlights off of passenger cars or light trucks, and in many cases can be very inexpensive directly from auto parts suppliers. The challenge is often in figuring out what they are--which is what I'm compiling here. Right now I've just gone through a few brands, and am putting together pages for each type of light with OE part numbers, aftermarket part numbers, and eventually will have information on upgrades (housings or wiring, where applicable). That information is being put together at RVheadlights.org

Whether your RV is listed or not, the site at this stage will likely still be able to benefit from confirming what you have, pictures, etc. If you're able to help, or make use of what's there, great!

If your motorhome isn't listed, or is listed but without it's own page with photos, I'd appreciate your help! See the Welcome post, or send me an e-mail at contributions@rvheadlights.org.

Any feedback, thoughts on organization, requests for help finding things, general lighting questions, etc. are all welcome.

--David

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Outstanding! I finally determined what my Winnebago MH has installed, but what a chore. Thank you for your hard work. Headlights for my MH(see sig) are from a 1995 Ford Crown Victoria.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Wohoo what a great source. I'm going to check it now

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I'm betting that the list for Holiday Rambler is pretty similar to same year Monaco's. Have you posted this on iRV2 on the Monaco owner thread? Lots of info there

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm betting that the list for Holiday Rambler is pretty similar to same year Monaco's. Have you posted this on iRV2 on the Monaco owner thread? Lots of info there

Not yet--I'm trying to make progress getting more makes and models listed before I post it too many places. I've been stuck in Winnebagoland for a while now--they seem to change model names and the front caps of their motorhomes more than anyone else. Doesn't help that they've been making them since the dawn of the industry either!

I also expect that when I get into some of the orphaned brands and brands that have changed ownership recently (like Monaco) I may struggle to find brochures from the manufacturer to clearly identify when models changed. I'm going to be relying a lot more heavily on communities like this one to contribute their own information.

And if you don't find your RV, let me know!!

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

What a task you are taking on! It is starting to look really good, so keep up the great efforts. If you run out of projects, consider adding a section for tow trucks for the fifth wheel and travel trailer crowd.

Thanks for all of your work!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Kirk!

I have plans to include some common tow vehicles and class C chassis. They're pretty easy (no guess work as to make, model, and year obviously)--it's just a matter of putting together information on upgrades.

Great idea.

2002 Fleetwood Bounder (Gas) uses the same headlights as a 1995 Ford F-150.

Rick

US Army 5th SFG (Retired)

"To Liberate the Oppressed"

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, no money left, a cigar in one hand, a whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a helluva ride!!"

• 10 months later...

I have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endevaor 36' gasser, Headlights really yellow,Was looking to replace them,So wrote down the numbers on the lens and went to CARiD.com and found out they are same as 97 Ford Explorer. Ordered both headlights and both parking lights for a little over $100.00. Vets also get 10% discount.

Archived