Wireless router & 4G-X OTR

I am wondering if it is possible to use the 4G-X OTR in my Volvo with a wireless router or mobile hot spot so I would also be able to use it in my 5th wheel. I realize my truck would need to be parked in close proximity to my RV. I am wanting to have the signal gain while driving as well as in my RV when parked.

<p>Gene & Colleen2009 Volvo 670 customized by Gregg RV Haulers, 2014 New Horizon 5th wheel, 2012 smart car on the deck. Full time 6/17/2014

Vmmonline.org

I am wondering if it is possible to use the 4G-X OTR in my Volvo with a wireless router or mobile hot spot so I would also be able to use it in my 5th wheel. I realize my truck would need to be parked in close proximity to my RV. I am wanting to have the signal gain while driving as well as in my RV when parked.

That unit is not made for in vehicle use . You could keep amplifier set up in RV . Run a splitter of the internal antenna side . Run one to antenna in RV and the other to antenna in the cab in your tgruck while travelling . That is about the only way to doit because of the limited range on the amplifier.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

The weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR is being specifically marketed for use in a truck's cab.

Either way, yes, the kitted device only provides maybe, at most, a few feet of boosted coverage (unlike the MaxAmp RV unit which is rated to provide RV-wide coverage).

But if you are boosting a cellular capable router that has a strong WiFi transmitted signal, I'd recommend installing that in the front of your 5th Wheel, then you'd receive the WiFi signal in the cab of your truck while driving.

Another option is installing an antenna on both units, and then moving just the 4G-X and mobile hotspot to where you need them. The new mounting bracket allows you to unclip the 4G-X without unscrewing it from the mounting location.

Here's our overview of the 4G-X OTR we just received in for testing, with our unboxing video:

weBoost Announces Drive 4G-X OTR “Truck Edition” Booster / Antenna Kit

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Archived