CB wiring on 2001 Volvo 610

On The Road

I am trying to get the cb to work on my 2001 Volvo 610. I do not know if there is a multiplexer on this truck. Can anyone tell me how the best way to trace the cb wiring from the two cb antennas to the radio. I have researched and not sure where to start. I read that the kick panel on the drivers side needs to be removed. Thanks for any help

">9ed2381e-e012-485f-924a-b1f342a69abc.jpg

2001 610 Volvo -Volvo power 465HP/1650 -autoshift
2009 Smart Passion / cross loaded on Volvo
2014.5 Mobile Suite 41 RSSB4

VOLUNTEER CHRISTIAN BUILDERS

The coax cables are run through the lower mirror arm. So yes, the side kick panel should give you access there.

If you have a multiplexer, it would be below the fuse blocks access from below the dash.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

The multiplexer on the Volvo will provide the needed 50 ohm match for the CB radio but the radiation efficiency at the antenna(s) is pretty low. If you want better range install a new performance antenna. Best place to find one is a truck stop. On my 2004 the multiplexer can be accessed by removing the tray over the top of the engine "dog house". Mine has connections for CB, AM-FM and old 800 Mhz cell phones.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived