The day I brought her home.

forxlr8n

Thanks for relaying that. What is the finished texture? What was the cost per gallon? How did you apply it? How has it held up? Any helpful tips?

It's a matte finish, smooth. But I used the spray cans. Took 4 cans for the first application. I did a touch up about 2 months ago and used 2 more. Most auto parts stores sell it. I bought it at O'Reillys, but Advance and AutoZone carry it as well. It has held up decently. Rocks are rocks but its easy to touch up.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look and it fits your scheme. I am looking into doing some PlastiDip on my wheels and the lower portion of my 4700. It is all white with some blue and pink stripes and some pink swans. I think it was a Stalick thing, but it sure ISNT MY THING. So, working on finding some dark colors to do the lower part including the wheels and then a band above it in a contrasting color. I intend on doing the darker lower part color on the 5er and then the contrasting color will be used to provide a repair on the burned clear coat on the front and rear caps of the 5er. I was considering bed liner, but its more expensive and will finish like bedliner, which I would rather have a smoother texture, if I can. Plus the PlastiDip can be washed and if I ever change my mind on color, it can be peeled off and redone or change color. I've painted cars in the past, so I can run a gun but not interested in repairing with car paint which will need waxing etc to maintain it. PlastiDip is much simpler.

And all this just so that I can get rid of the pink swans!!!! Maybe I should get used to them.

And here I thought you said you bought it specifically for those pink critters..

. Arctic Fox 29-5T

. Beagle co-pilots - Faffy and Lulu

Archived