National HDT Rally

sdixon747

When you arrive in Hutch you will see multiple NEW trucks and trailers so the campground has been divided into the Beverly Hills section and the ghetto. I'm in the ghetto rummaging through the Beverly Hills trash cans for any cast off Harbor Freight tools (Beverly Hills has only Snap On you know). Just kidding some beautiful rigs here already.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve and Gail thinking about coming for part of the show i will give ya a call Dirt

Hey Dirt, come on in! Be good to see ya again. Feel free to call any time.

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

When you arrive in Hutch you will see multiple NEW trucks and trailers so the campground has been divided into the Beverly Hills section and the ghetto. I'm in the ghetto rummaging through the Beverly Hills trash cans for any cast off Harbor Freight tools (Beverly Hills has only Snap On you know). Just kidding some beautiful rigs here already.

Hey SuiteSuccess,

It they put you in the ghetto with that beautiful rig I might as well not come they probably won't even let me in. LOL

Norm & Rhonda

2013 Volvo VNL780 500HP D-13 12 Speed iShift Trans

2008 Jayco F 36 V 40' Toy Hauler

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

2014 Harley-Davidson CVO Limited

Cathy and I need to come so that Carl can can use his hands while he explains frame twisting to me.

We hope to get in Saturday night.

Steve and Gail, I sent you an e-mail. Let me know if there is any problem with our last minute decision. We plan to leave the ABQ Int'l Balloon Fiesta a feew days early (Friday AM), but will stay here if the Rally has filled up.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Howdy All,

Well I am on my, left from home in Granite Falls WA about 9:30 am now getting some dinner and will be spending the night at the Stage Stop, truckstop about 30 miles east of Bosie ID. Should arrive at the rally in couple day, see ya then.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Happy Hour and Pizza and Subway sandwiches on Sunday sounded grand and were part of the "plan" (on arrival). The "plan" might have to be altered for arrival on Monday or Tuesday on account of this sucker marching up the coast.

Hurricane_zpsadg2lrcz.jpg

Arrow indicates the location of the "domicile" on the coast. If it shifts any more west over the next two day we'll be right in the middle of it. Hurricane shutters going up on the house tomorrow..

Right now they are forecasting 70 mph winds, you can see what the "full blue category 4" rating will be if it shifts.

Rally is getting closer, getting excited now to have these sage discussions with my fellow engineers in attendance.

Practicing%20engineer_c_zpsvqs2trob.jpg

good one Henry

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

gonna leave this weekend for a few days at the rally------Do you need any sound system equipment and mics wireless---Steve---- i have hardware and lights for the disco???....looking fwd to meet a few party on dudes and dudets====300..mile one way!!!---from McCook Nebr....ham radio 146.520...and chickenbander...19

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

Happy Hour and Pizza and Subway sandwiches on Sunday sounded grand and were part of the "plan" (on arrival). The "plan" might have to be altered for arrival on Monday or Tuesday on account of this sucker marching up the coast.

Arrow indicates the location of the "domicile" on the coast. If it shifts any more west over the next two day we'll be right in the middle of it. Hurricane shutters going up on the house tomorrow..

Right now they are forecasting 70 mph winds, you can see what the "full blue category 4" rating will be if it shifts.

Henry You be careful down there...

Norm & Rhonda

2013 Volvo VNL780 500HP D-13 12 Speed iShift Trans

2008 Jayco F 36 V 40' Toy Hauler

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

2014 Harley-Davidson CVO Limited

Cathy and I need to come so that Carl can can use his hands while he explains frame twisting to me.

We hope to get in Saturday night.

Steve and Gail, I sent you an e-mail. Let me know if there is any problem with our last minute decision. We plan to leave the ABQ Int'l Balloon Fiesta a feew days early (Friday AM), but will stay here if the Rally has filled up.

Jim

Jim, there will be lots of room for you. Glad you guys decided to come....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

For all those of you arriving early for the Pre-Rally Rally, and for rest of us getting there on the weekend of the National Rally, please look at this link to familiarize yourself with the parking of your rig. Mark Bruss has done a great job in helping everyone understand the parking layout and what the boundaries are for your space. This chart also shows you which spaces are saved for Rally purposes.

For those with lots of toys, or those needing more space, the two rows of parking nearest the north fence (farthest away from the buildings) can be used if you need to spill over your space. But, BE AWARE, the park may charge you for the extra space you take up. To my knowledge, they haven't in the past, but you never know.

Thanks for paying attention to the parking layout. We'd hate to have to ask you to move your rig once set up, but we will in order to accommodate all the rigs in this Rally, being the largest attended one we've had.

Just another reminder regarding the RV Parking

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Rocky,

With your new DRV assume you will be parking in the Beverly Hills section. Just remember the little people you used to know ;)

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

You searching my garbage cans? Just remember, I am in the heart of the getto..........

VisitedStatesMap.gif

This mornings forecast shows the storm current down to a Cat 3 but back to a Cat 4 and now passing closer to shore.

Good Luck! Stay Safe!

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Be safe all our Florida and Carolina people

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

So if things continue at work this week on schedule, I should be able to take next week off and attend the rally. I'd love to come check out all the HDT's, see the different setups and rigs and ask questions, plus attend some of the seminars that are going on.

My question is what is the tent camping like there? Is there a dedicated area for tents or are you just setting up where an RV would normally park? Is the same rate charged for a tent for a few days?

I'll hope this week continues well and I can leave out on Sat to head that way.

Well it looks like work decided to throw a wrench in my plans after all. :( It will probably be easier logistic wise just to catch the ECR in the spring instead in TN. I was looking forward to meeting many of you, but it will have to wait until the next rally. Have a blast everyone!

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Phoenix just load everyone up and get out now. The longer you wait the slower the traffic. It will be there when you get back. You have insurance. At least the temporary living quarters will be safe. We bugged out for one, not willing to after that. Lived a week with. O electricity but the motor home generator ran the well and portable gen you ran the septic and stuff in house.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Phoenix just load everyone up and get out now. The longer you wait the slower the traffic.

Agree with Ron. If Cat 3 and above is projected, it's time to leave and don't wait till highways turn into parking lots. I guess fortunately for us we started our trip and left home last weekend before the storm path was apparent. We're safe in central Illinois while Matthew now looks intent on hitting the Space Coast with the models projecting the eye to be over our home about 2:00P Friday. We expect to head to Hutch Friday but may wait another day to see if we need to return home for cleanup/repairs. Saying prayers for everyone's safety.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Henry,

Is the storm surge going to flood you? How far inland are you? Lots of concerned folks.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

P

Rocky,

With your new DRV assume you will be parking in the Beverly Hills section. Just remember the little people you used to know ;)

Plenty of room in the "Hills"...the trucks look pretty good too though!!! :P

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

Henry,

Is the storm surge going to flood you? How far inland are you? Lots of concerned folks.

We are about six miles inland. The house is only 19 years old meaning it was built according to the Miami Dude hurricane standards developed after Andrew. The garage doors were not but DW replaced those with MD standard ones last year.

She also bought 17.5K whole house generator soon after we moved down. The most uncomfortable thing in Florida, after lack of refrigeration, is lack of air conditioning, the houses get rancid and moldy pretty quickly.

Looks like the eye will go over us or be very close.

We are on what is known as Treasure Coast in the Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River counties, south of Vero and north of West Palm which are more well known cities therefore more mentioned.

All the TV stations crank out hurricane coverage 24-7, there is no other programming, some of it is stupid redundant.

Archived