SXSW 2017

Zulu

Probably a dumb question since I lived in the Dallas area for 40+ years (left in mid '80's) but what is "SXSW"?

Don't remember hearing of it before.

Ron

South by Southwest. It's a party...............with some music thrown in.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

South by Southwest. It's a party...............with some music thrown in.

Lol... yep.

Actually, it's an indy music festival that also occasionally brings in big names. But lately it has also been a bit of a technology expo, as Austin is quickly becoming techy.

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

Lol... yep.

Actually, it's an indy music festival that also occasionally brings in big names. But lately it has also been a bit of a technology expo, as Austin is quickly becoming techy.

OK. so...... what os "an indy music festival????

Guess I've led a sheltered life!

Ron

OK. so...... what os "an indy music festival????

Guess I've led a sheltered life!

Ron

Independent labels... not the major music recording studios. So an indie music festival is the musical equivalent to something like the Sundance Film Festival.

And we're all sheltered in one way or another. I just happen to know about SXSW because I live just down the highway from Austin. If I recall, President Obama made a presentation of some sort at the SXSW this past year. (Can't remember what the topic was... something about technology, I think.)

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

Here's a link to the main S (south) X (by) SW (southwest) web site. Lots of music, films and celebrities. Oh, yeah - and lots of parties. Kind of the Cannes Festival for Independent Music and Filmmakers. What started out small is now very big-time in the industry.

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

It's a long shot, but Pecan Grove RV Park is the only centrally located RV park in the city. We tried to stay there our final days in Austin without luck, so there aren't a lot of spots up for grabs.

YoungFulltimers.com is dedicated to informing non-retired RVers who live on the road. This news-focused online publication should appeal to fulltimers of all ages.

• 8 months later...

Archived