Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zulu

SXSW 2017

12 posts in this topic

I'm plan on going to SXSW in 2017 in Austin, TX and am looking for RV campground recommendations.

Austin Lonestar is a great park. We lived there four years prior to retiring and getting on the road. Here is a video on it. I suggest you contact them immediately as they book up quickly a long way in advance of SXSW.

Probably a dumb question since I lived in the Dallas area for 40+ years (left in mid '80's) but what is "SXSW"?

Don't remember hearing of it before.

Ron

Probably a dumb question since I lived in the Dallas area for 40+ years (left in mid '80's) but what is "SXSW"?

Don't remember hearing of it before.

Ron

South by Southwest. It's a party...............with some music thrown in.

South by Southwest. It's a party...............with some music thrown in.

Lol... yep.

Actually, it's an indy music festival that also occasionally brings in big names. But lately it has also been a bit of a technology expo, as Austin is quickly becoming techy.

Lol... yep.

Actually, it's an indy music festival that also occasionally brings in big names. But lately it has also been a bit of a technology expo, as Austin is quickly becoming techy.

OK. so...... what os "an indy music festival????

Guess I've led a sheltered life!

Ron

Edited by RonMon

OK. so...... what os "an indy music festival????

Guess I've led a sheltered life!

Ron

Independent labels... not the major music recording studios. So an indie music festival is the musical equivalent to something like the Sundance Film Festival.

And we're all sheltered in one way or another. I just happen to know about SXSW because I live just down the highway from Austin. If I recall, President Obama made a presentation of some sort at the SXSW this past year. (Can't remember what the topic was... something about technology, I think.)

Here's a link to the main S (south) X (by) SW (southwest) web site. Lots of music, films and celebrities. Oh, yeah - and lots of parties. Kind of the Cannes Festival for Independent Music and Filmmakers. What started out small is now very big-time in the industry.

Edited by Kevin H

It's a long shot, but Pecan Grove RV Park is the only centrally located RV park in the city. We tried to stay there our final days in Austin without luck, so there aren't a lot of spots up for grabs.