New inspection and registration rules TX

acckac

Does anyone know the new rules on the inspection and registration? I registered my vehicles by mail and did the self inspection on line, but when do I get my vehicles inspected now? Do I still need to get them inspected within 3 days of entering the state or is my self-inspection good enough? Or will they not allow me to inspect it until the month the registration is due? I tried to get it inspected last year right after the law went into effect to register and inspect in the same month, and they wouldn't let me get it inspected because it wasn't the month the registration was due. Anyone know?

You are to get the vehicle inspected within 72 hours of reaching your destination on the return to Texas. What you did to get the tag/registration was to just self certify that you are out of state. You did not do a self inspection.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Archived