Suburban Anode rod

rynosback

I was going to post a thread asking about what type of rod should be used and when people replace them. But I found this thread using the search feature. Who knows why the moderators or admin locked this thread or ALOT of threads for no reason.

Here is the link http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=110445&hl=anode

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I believe it got auto-locked by the forum software due to the time from the last post. At some point after being locked it will also be auto-removed if I'm recalling things correctly.

The forum software and hardware has limited capacity and locking then removing old topics is one method for dealing with that limit. It is frustrating to have valuable old stuff go missing but to keep the current stuff running well it is necessary.

On Edit... The admin folks usually add a trailing note to any topic they lock, not always but they try.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Stanley,

The admin should be able to turn that feature off. As why keep have new threads open on the same topic. It makes it look like people do not search for an answer but are just lazy and create a new thread.

I'll leave it to you to contact them and ask to have it changed. I gave you the information I recall from the last time this came up.

I'll leave it to you to contact them and ask to have it changed. I gave you the information I recall from the last time this came up.

Will do, which one should I PM? Because I see that there are 7 admins on this forum.

Thanks

I do not believe any of the admins have PMs enabled and of the seven you see in the members list only three are involved with the forum software.

Travis: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showuser=22232 (the main forum contact)

Melanie Travis' wife, she backs him up on non-technical stuff.

Greg: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showuser=1169 (computer room)

James: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showuser=93 (computer room)

To contact them do as it says in the pinned topic that appears in every forum's heading: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showannouncement=4&f=16

I need a favor, please. If you have questions or troubles with the forum, please ues the REPORT feature. This way, we can better share the load amongst the admins.

Go down to the About the Forums area and make your post there, once it is made click the report option, pale gray on the bottom right, and ask them to look at your suggestion.

OK, just reported it. I have reported threads before, for being in the completely wrong section and nothing happened. Having things in the correct section make things easier to find in the future. If it did not matter they would just have one HUGE board with no sections. Sorry for the rant.

I was going to post a thread asking about what type of rod should be used and when people replace them. But I found this thread using the search feature. Who knows why the moderators or admin locked this thread or ALOT of threads for no reason.

Here is the link http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=110445&hl=anode

We just went to Camping World {you can also check out Amazon.com} and checked out the ones that were for our suburban water heater. Ordered it and all was fine.

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

We just went to Camping World {you can also check out Amazon.com} and checked out the ones that were for our suburban water heater. Ordered it and all was fine.

I called Suburbon to find out the part number as it was not in my manual. I then discovered that there were two different kinds of rods. Then using the search feature I found the thread that I linked. I then learned that there are three different kinds and that the China one's were having problems. I could not bump that thread so I thought that I would create a new one so the information was on an open thread and current.

Wow. Sorry to hear you had such issues. We had no problem getting the right one for our 20 year old suburban. I hope you finally found the right one. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

On the older threads being locked question, I have been in contact with Travis about this and he believes that Stanley M. is correct about what happens to cause this. Since he isn't into the program side of this, he isn't sure if there is a good reason for the locking nor if it can be prevented with the existing forum management software. The forums use an "off the shelf" management program although some things can be modified. It may take a while to get all of the answers, but it is being looked into.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On the older threads being locked question, I have been in contact with Travis about this and he believes that Stanley M. is correct about what happens to cause this. Since he isn't into the program side of this, he isn't sure if there is a good reason for the locking nor if it can be prevented with the existing forum management software. The forums use an "off the shelf" management program although some things can be modified. It may take a while to get all of the answers, but it is being looked into.

Thanks Kirk and to the admins that are looking into it.

Wow. Sorry to hear you had such issues. We had no problem getting the right one for our 20 year old suburban. I hope you finally found the right one. Hugs, Di

I have not had an issue of finding one. I have a 2016 Moble Suites and am starting a maintenance list with part numbers. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

After doing some research the "auto archiving" is turned off. We are unsure why this issue is happening. We are in the process of migrating the forum to Invision Power, the creators of the software. Once the migration is complete we will open a ticket so we can see what the issue is.

If you go to a marine store, you can get an anode for boat cooling systems. MUCHO bigger. lasts several seasons.

But would it fit? The stock Suburban Rod is a pretty tight fit in the threaded hole and seems to be about as long as the tank.

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

After doing some research the "auto archiving" is turned off. We are unsure why this issue is happening. We are in the process of migrating the forum to Invision Power, the creators of the software. Once the migration is complete we will open a ticket so we can see what the issue is.

Thanks Travis.

But would it fit? The stock Suburban Rod is a pretty tight fit in the threaded hole and seems to be about as long as the tank.

Lets think about this. The boat anode comes with the plug, do you really think the anode could be bigger than the plug?

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Lets think about this. The boat anode comes with the plug, do you really think the anode could be bigger than the plug?

I've not seen the boat anode that you're referencing, and was having trouble imagining how it could be "MUCHO bigger". Carry on...

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Archived