Zulu

Hopper 3 Installation

56 posts in this topic

I am 75 and have been trying to understand everything to get it to work but guess i'm not smart enough to figure it out.I have looked at the drawings and don't understand if I have to change other cables on the dishes wiring or what.Been on the roof of the fifth wheel six times and that's six to many.Would love a easy answer.

On 2/1/2016 at 8:13 AM, chirakawa said:

Some people watch TV more than others. I record Meet the Press every Sunday. Sometimes it's Friday before I get time to watch it. I guess I just like being outdoors more than watching the boob tube. My 211K with two tuners is more than enough for me. To each his own.

This is another situation where I am getting conflicting information from Dish.  You refer to 2 tuners with your 211K - presumably one for Dish and one for OTA.  Can you record from both with an external hard drive?  Dish says NO so I am coming to the experts for the TRUE facts.

Roger

1 hour ago, rogerhardy said:

one for Dish and one for OTA.  Can you record from both with an external hard drive? 

Roger

Yes, you can record from both at the same time...............and watch a pre-recorded program while you're doing it.

10 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

Yes, you can record from both at the same time...............and watch a pre-recorded program while you're doing it.

Thank you for the response and for your information.  Wouldn't it be nice if the Dish Customer Service/Tech Support people were as knowledgeable as you and many others in this forum.  This is very helpful in my decision.

Roger

1 hour ago, chirakawa said:

Exactly. I did that many times when I had a 211K.