RV financing

roamhome

A VA loan would be my first choice.. or a credit union as my second.

The VA doesn't gaurentee RVs only real property

Call Rich Holke at Alliant Credit Union. They specialize in financing full time RVs which many financial institutions won't do. They are also Escapee members. Many we know used them. They are fast and responsive. Other than faxing them copies of our ID to open an account everything else was done online, even signing the loan docs. They will require 1 years insurance premium held in your account so factor that in your money. Once we were ready to finalize the deal and had the insurance money wired in the account it took 24 hours to get the check via overnight delivery. One of their employees even stayed late to process the documents because our other bank screwed up the funds wired for the insurance and it didn't get to them until 4pm. Can't say enough good things

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We are currently looking to trade our motorhome for a newer one. Any reccomendations or suggestions for the best financing / rates available?

Hi Roamhome, Alliant credit union has great rates and offer escapees a discount. Join the club and check it out!!!

Also, "Lifetime Member" is a paid membership.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Alliant. I love them. Fast and efficient. No hassle. Good rates. No fulltimer issues.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Will they finance an HDT?

No. There are only a few lenders in the country that will do HDT financing. Your local bank that you have a long-term relationship may do a signature loan for one, assuming you have the credit rating But in general it is very, very difficult to finance an HDT for RV use.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Shop around for the best rates they change constantly. We got the best rate this time at US bank last time at our credit union time before that at out local PNC bank.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

thanks everyone for great responses. we successfully financed with our credit union and are quite pleased, but will keep the others in mind.

Good to hear that things are working out. Do stay around and become a part of the forum community! :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

No. There are only a few lenders in the country that will do HDT financing. Your local bank that you have a long-term relationship may do a signature loan for one, assuming you have the credit rating But in general it is very, very difficult to finance an HDT for RV use.

HFCU did for us and Alliant did not say no. We do have a long time relationship with HFCU also.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived