Flooding

NoDirectionHome

Here in Asheville, NC, the French Broad got a little out of hand. She jumped her banks at 1:30 this morning. The half of the RV park on the water side had to evacuate. She ended up about 2 feet over the bank, almost to the top of the picnic tables.

Everyone was fine. We were warned early enough to pull out in about a foot of water but with no problems.

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

Here in east TX it rained very hard and a total of about 5" and with the ground already saturated, we had some temporary flooding here. It is pretty sandy around here so most years things soak in very quickly but with the year a new record for rainfall by 22" it is not a typical year.

1934192_10205158729479594_86563716809404

Nobody had any water in their house, but it got close enough to make some of us nervous.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We saw a video of a 5th wheel floating downstream in flood waters. It was in videos from the Branson and Lake of the Ozarks area. Just made it under the bridge then listing to one side and was probably sank soon after that. We had minor flooding in the park from the river just down the road. Sites didn't flood, but everyone had moved to higher ground just in case.

Pat DeJong

I70 at Pocahontas IL was closed yesterday, both directions, due to flood water.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Here is a pic of the last of three being pulled out of a ditch. This CG has been flooded twice in the past 8 months. They said the last one was about 13 to 15 feet above the camp ground.

Well it looks. Like they do not want us to post pictures. Google Peacan RV Park flood in TX.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

We are at Rainbow Plantation, Summerdale AL. It's been raining a lot, causing the ground to puddle. As I look out the windows, it looks like all the nearby sites have a little standing water. There is a flood warning for this county. They state water will continue to rise reaching 12.9 feet on Monday and a map showing a red box that does not include the campground. Am I correct to assume we should not be concerned?

We are fairly new at this, what are the appropriate precautions to take?

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

In October we were put on alert that we might have to move due to possible rapid rising waters in the TX Hill Country.

I filled with water, we unhooked what we did not need, reinstalled the tow hitch and made the coach ready to travel. Then we went up town to scout a side street parking areas that were most level, and marked them on the city map. So we were ready to go, and knew where we could park for a night and day.

Dave and Dolly Cobb
Arlington TX

1998 Foretravel, U-295 36', rare mid-door
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, as a toad

I always suggest to my customers here in SoTex to not store stuff in front of their RV's in case they (or I) have to hook & haul in a hurry. Better to store stuff behind the RV & out of the way.

Stay safe out there folks. :)

WW

ReliableRVTransport.com

F350 XLT SD / 7.3 Dually
Cameo Carriage / LXI F33RL3
Single Speed Slider
B)

I saw where Tom Sawyer RV park in west Memphis is closed because of the flooding. That usually only happens in the spring.

We were suppose to stay the month of July 2015 there. They called and said don't come because it might flood. Crazy weather for sure.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived