I may have done something incorrectly on TX veh reg. Please help.

shamoo

Last year, with all the info flowing on vehicle registration, I followed the info here from you good folks, and registed both my tow and travel trailer online, and apparently did it correctly. I received the stickers, no problems. I live in TX and was in OR at the time.

This year, I wonder what I did wrong (?). Again I went online (still putzing about in OR) and registered both tow and trailer. What I received in the mail was NOT a tow reg sticker like last year, but a notice

"in lieu of your registration renewal notice, to make you aware that the vehicle shown above (my tow) must pass a state inspection before you may register online."

So, this leads me to believe I erred somehow with the online registration THIS year. My sticker expires in 3 days (Dec 31) and I've got to do something to "fix" this pronto.

Any idea how I might resolve this? or what I may have done wrong this year when registering? Thx for any help.

Sharon

To be seen, stand up. To be heard, speak up. To be appreciated, tread gently.

I believe they changed the registration to where you need an inspection before renewing the registration. However if you are not in the state you can self inspect and once you get back to Texas I think you have 3 days to get it inspected. Polk county knows this I would call and talk to them.

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

You did do something wrong You need to file a copy of the Vehicle Identification Number Self-Certification with your registration when you do so from out of state. You will then have 3 days to get the inspection, once you return to Texas.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

As Kirk said, you forgot to check the box that says you are out of state and are self certifying the inspection. I'm not sure what you can do now, but I would call Polk county and see if they can help you.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Thanks for all the input. I will go ahead and call Polk County and seek advice. Maybe I'll get lucky and a fax will work. I sure hope so or I'll likely be up the proverbial creek w/o a paddle. Again, thx one and all.

Sharon

To be seen, stand up. To be heard, speak up. To be appreciated, tread gently.

Archived