OmniLynx Unlimited Data from Huntsville City school changes coming

IRUNL8R

These grand-fathered accounts are pretty much untouchables.. Generally speaking, any attempt to change the contract or setup can cause the grand-fathered part (unlimited data) to go away. They cannot even upgrade their devices/phones..

Typically people will take the SIM from the device and put it into a purchased MiFi device to get the data portion up..

But "selling" add-on lines or devices.. No, No.

Many of the older Unlimited accounts are 3G accounts only.. If they ever want to move to 4G (or when 3G dies), the Unlimited part goes away as well.

Or so is my understanding.

I have changed phones 3 times on my line with unlimited data. I just didnt get the phones from Verizon. The last time was about a year ago. Things may have changed.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have changed phones 3 times on my line with unlimited data. I just didnt get the phones from Verizon. The last time was about a year ago. Things may have changed.

Yes, so you just flipped in the SIM card from the old phone.. Thats the trick. They do not catch that one as easily.. Their normal procedure is to keep offering people upgrades to better phones, which then as a side-effect require a contract change. Killing the unlimited.

Yes, so you just flipped in the SIM card from the old phone.. Thats the trick. They do not catch that one as easily.. Their normal procedure is to keep offering people upgrades to better phones, which then as a side-effect require a contract change. Killing the unlimited.

The last time I took the new phone to a Verizon store and had them so the change over, not sure if they just swapped the sim card or not. Yes, they push the latest and greatest phone to get you to give up the up the unlimited.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

Archived