Millenicom Replacement ?

Max Signal

Ta-da! Got mine about an hour ago. I ordered mine on the 8th and confirmation on the 9th. Since I'm technically challenged it took me about 30 minutes to get it going. Since it is a Verizon product they obviously know what is going on. Sure hope they don't get upset when I downgrade the old Verizon MiFi. Good to see everyone is getting the machine. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine showed up today, just as FedEx said it would. Works fine straight out of the box with speeds quite a bit faster than my 4620LE. I'm putting the 4620 line on suspension while I make sure the 6620 is solid. As I recall, Verizon will let me suspend the line for 90 days, and then suspend it again for another 90, so that's almost 6 months to make sure the OmniLynx deal is stable before making a more permanent change.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Ordered 9/11 I just got this 9/17.

Dear OmniLynx Customer,

Due to the large number of orders our office has recently received, the wireless device inventory is currently on backorder. Because we have not been provided with an approximate date for delivery by the supplier at this time, we offer the following accommodations for your account(s):

1) You may request a refund of your first month’s payment , which will be processed via PayPal. This should be done via emailed response to this message. Please include your order number and name in this email.

2) We will hold onto your first month’s payment and process your order as soon as devices are received. If at any point you decide the delay in delivery of equipment is too lengthy, you may request a refund.

In the event we do not receive an emailed request for refund, we will continue to hold your initial payment and will process your order upon receipt of the inventory. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and understanding in the matter.

OmniLynx Staff

2022 F-250 4X4 LB SC Godzilla V8 /2014 Northwood Nash 17K/SKP098347

Just received Jetpack via FedEx. Worked right out of the box and tested at 30 MB down. Billing date 9/25, #2589.

Later,

J

I just got mine at the FedEx office. When I saw this post with a number after mine (2584) I decided to call and check on the status. It's good I did. I had received no email from FedEx but when I called OmniLynx I got the tracking number and the shipping date of the 11th. When I tracked it I found that it had been in my town since Tuesday and there was a notation of incorrect address. I went to the FedEx office and they found the package with my correct name (spelled wrong) and correct city, but the address was to Thousand Lake RV Park 1110 W. SR-24. There is no such address in this area of Georgia and they couldn't get in touch with anyone to try to straighten it out so the package was just sitting there. I have a feeling that there is another package somewhere with my street address and another city on it. If anyone reading this thread has a street address of Thousand Lake RV Park they may want to check with FedEx and OmniLynx.

The good news is that it works great here in the house and the speed seems very fast.

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

http://fulltimingit.com

Received via email 9/17 10:12AM

OmniLynx Wireless - Order Update

Dear OmniLynx Customer,

Due to the large number of orders our office has recently received, the wireless device inventory is currently on backorder. Because we have not been provided with an approximate date for delivery by the supplier at this time, we offer the following accommodations for your account(s):

1) You may request a refund of your first month’s payment , which will be processed via PayPal. This should be done via emailed response to this message. Please include your order number and name in this email.

2) We will hold onto your first month’s payment and process your order as soon as devices are received. If at any point you decide the delay in delivery of equipment is too lengthy, you may request a refund.

In the event we do not receive an emailed request for refund, we will continue to hold your initial payment and will process your order upon receipt of the inventory. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and understanding in the matter.

OmniLynx Staff

Received via email 9/17 10:30AM

Recall: OmniLynx Wireless - Order Update

HSVWiFi would like to recall the message, "OmniLynx Wireless - Order Update".

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::blink::blink:

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

My opinion is that the availability to the general public is "over". But that is just my opinion not based on data. It is what I thought would happen all along. These people are not in the reseller business. They are doing it as a service to the school district - it is not a business. So I'm not surprised at all. Again, JMO.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I ordered on the 11th they billed my CC on the 11th. My CC paid them.

Some places don't bill until the day the item is shipped. Guess they don't do that.

Still hope to get it, as no follow up has happen since the 2 emails.

My opinion is that they will not keep the $47.75 price for long either.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I ordered on the 11th they billed my CC on the 11th. My CC paid them.

Some places don't bill until the day the item is shipped. Guess they don't do that.

Still hope to get it, as no follow up has happen since the 2 emails.

My opinion is that they will not keep the $47.75 price for long either.

I would contact them by phone and find out if they have a fed ex tracking number for your unit like most of us have done. Once you have that, you can follow it. Like others, the one shipped to me waited in a fed ex location in the city I was for over three days before they delivered. Others used lot numbers at campgrounds and had theirs delayed as well.

As to the price....$47.75 is a cheap rate but like anything supply and demand....Since the RV Community now has this info and a HUGE amount of RVer's are wanting a cheaper alternative to Verizon's pricing plans for data it is no wonder that OmniLynzx is Overwhelmed with orders... They never intended or even thought that this BIG organized community would find this let alone PROMOTE it on so many different levels. SO if you have 300K Fulltime and part time RVers of which 90% or more DO NOT have UNLIMITED Data Plans this is a VERY BIG OPPORTUNITY.

The problem is the ones who went out and took a risk the first few days of it being Published in RV Community Forums are the ones who are enjoying that risk which they took by already having their units. It shows that if you waited just 5 days after it made it the forums then those are late and have to deal with back order problems.

Toooooo early to tell if price is going to go up. Who knows they may end the Public program and just let those who already have ordered to keep their plans. ONLY time will tell what will be next. Even if they did raise the cost to $75.00 it is still a bargain for truly UNLIMITED Data.

Alan & Andi

2016 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 4x4

2012 Toyota Camry ( Andi's follow car)

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 ( Business Truck)

2009 Wilderness Travel Trailer

Just confirmed ours made it to our Mail Forwarding company, and having it sent to a nearby post office general delivery.

Now just to be clear, I'm willing to pay a lower monthly rate....:)!

I'm on Verizon Unlimited Data now via Hotspot with our Samsung S6. And as this is the same carrier, as was Millencom before, no extra coverage area while traveling. I jumped in, as I'm thinking of going to a pay as you go plan for phone and text with Verizon. (My wife is still on ATT, unlimited data but no Hot Spot so not of much help on the coach duty data support. And we still find times, not near as frequently as say 10 years ago, where one of us will have coverage in an area that the other one does not.) If it were not for the desire to maintain the advantages of two different large networks to maximize the chance of coverage - I'd either have her join me on Verizon, or, I'd jump to ATT.

The OmniLynx just provides me with more options to make such a change. And yes, having a dedicated device for streaming, is and advantage too - as the coach HotSpot does not leave when I do:)! Let things simmer for several months, and see what shakes out.

One thing we've all seen, is change does occur in regards to data, and technology is also changing - so, when 11GZLH tech comes out, I'll probably need to consider 'change again':)! (11GZLH Well it's a made up future spectrum that provides T6 like speeds, the 11th revision, of GoZe Like Hell! data streaming...).

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

I believe that address is for Thousand Lake RV Park in Torrey, UT, so it would seem that package got way off track.

Sure looks like it. I'm just glad I was able to figure out where my package was. Fortunately there was a small notation on the FedEx tracking that said incorrect address and the fact that it had been setting in the local office for two days made me follow up. I assume that they were addressing these things as quick as possible because of the backlog and someone made a mistake. I hope whomever has the Thousand Lake RV Park address gets it straight.

The MiFi is working great. I couldn't be happier.

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

http://fulltimingit.com

What bothers me about the whole issue is that Verizon can do this for a school, and I'm sure they are still making money on it, but they can't lower the price for us. Why couldn't Escapee go to Verizon and ask for a group rate for its members?

Verizon is in business to make money. They can charge whatever the market will pay. And they do. While I will take advantage of any cheaper offerings available to me, I have no issue with Verizon charging market rates.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Verizon can charge anything they want. As long as we pay it, why would they lower there rate. Right now it's what the market is allowing. It's thier business and they can do what they want with it. If I don't like it all they say is you don't have to pay it. Just the way it works!

Do I believe that it's getting out of line? I sure do, but there service can't be duplicated so far, so I pay it.

Dave

At $47.00 per month without a contract I can't go wrong and will use it as long as I can. I don't see it happening that long myself. But at that price all I have to do is not go out to eat a couple times a month if the cost is to much.

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

Verizon can charge anything they want.

At $47.00 per month without a contract I can't go wrong and will use it as long as I can. I don't see it happening that long myself. But at that price all I have to do is not go out to eat a couple times a month if the cost is to much.

The dilemma is - what to do with the 40GB (20GB Doubled) I have at $150/mo. If I give that doubled account up, I can't get it back. Then, if this $47 unlimited goes away, I would be up the proverbial creek.

Any suggestions?

The dilemma is - what to do with the 40GB (20GB Doubled) I have at $150/mo. If I give that doubled account up, I can't get it back. Then, if this $47 unlimited goes away, I would be up the proverbial creek.

Yes that is a lot to risk.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I have the same dilemma. I'm going to wait until Jan and if OL is still looking good I'm dropping my data to under 6 gig (for the phone alone.). Yes, it is a risk.

www.jackdanmayer.com

I have a 30 GB (for $130) plan that I don't want to give back yet. I mitigated the cost by suspending the mifi unit on Verizon so it only costs $27 more. I will wait for a while to see what the likelihood of this hanging around for a while is, to. I bought a couple of Galaxy S5s and the mifi unit came from my ex-Millenicom account, so I could cancel my Verizon service completely by paying off the phones (I have a year left on a 2-year payment plan). If I pay off the phones, I can sign up for Straight Talk, cancel my Verizon account and save quite a bit of money.

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!

Well i ordered it hoping, but not expecting, it might help me in my temporary situation. Maybe somebody has some advice to help me. We are on a mountain top in western NC in a volunteer village volunteering until end of next month. I asked before we accepted the gig if my Verizon phones worked here. Well, after we got here I found out I asked the wrong question. I should have asked "Does my Verizon data plan work here?"

We get a fairly strong 1X signal and that does not support much data other then short text messages. The wi-fi they provide for is is a limited HughesNet system which has primary purpose of supporting the gift shop financial transactions.

3 other volunteers here have a Verizon Jetpack and one of them consistently gets 3G service with his. He says his has protocols that allow him to lock in to the 3G service!!

Well this one from OmniLynx does not. I dug into it and his Jetpack is a 550L or close to that. And he has the option of choosing EVDO(RevA) and with that he gets the 3G. This one from OmniLynx is a 6620L.

I went to the advanced menu options but there was no help there.

So bottom line I don't regret getting it because we will be leaving here in 5 weeks and it will be good then. Will discontinue the hot spot on both phones which we have been using since Millencom folded and they worked well enough. This will be better and a little less cost.

However, there is this 3G signal in the air and I am searching for ways to capture it! If we go up to the Blue Ridge Parkway we get 3G or 4G but that is a 4+ mile jaunt. A few days ago I was up there and on the way back to the RV I watched the Jetpack and it held a 4G signal until about 1/3 of a mile from our RV! Then it reverted to CDMA1xRTT "Data usage is not available" I have tried all the menu options with no luck.

Any ideas?

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

Archived