Millenicom Replacement ?

Max Signal

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine today, works great. Only issue is signal output distance. Is there a output signal booster?

Paul...

The stronger signal you have coming in . The better the performance going out and distributing a wifi signal Try attaching an antenna to it

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

The 6620 shipped with this plan has a single 'test port', which can be used with an antenna with delicate care. It will be a single antenna however, not MiMO like the MHS291L supports.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

You can move the sim card. I'll likely move it to my 291 so that I can use a better antenna.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Just ordered mine today. There was no indication to me that they were out of devices.

Dave

They were out for few days and suspended orders. Now they seem to be back filling them.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

I just ordered mine, have been waiting for a

Millenicom replacement since Millenicom went down.

ditto, (will put my verizon 551L data card on suspend)

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Well heck, I went ahead figured I'd better jump in on this while they exist:)! No contract, makes it a no brainer if problems do (Sure hope not:)!) pop-up down the road...

Now, we'll see how long it takes to get catch up with us when our mail forwarder gets it:)!

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Well, I also just ordered. Unfortunately, when I tried to correct my misspelled name, I wound up with two different order numbers! I tried calling the number on the confirmation email and that phone did not work. So I shall see what other numbers I can find to call.

I joined the group to give it a try. How long does it take to get the MiFi and is it already activated (hope this hasn't already been addressed)?

Thanks

http://fulltimingit.com

I just ordered mine this morning, so I don't know the delivery time yet. According to their FAQ, the unit will already be activated, and just need to be turned on (maybe charge it first) to use it.

OmniLynx FAQ

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I just ordered mine this morning, so I don't know the delivery time yet. According to their FAQ, the unit will already be activated, and just need to be turned on (maybe charge it first) to use it.

Thanks. I should have read a little further. :rolleyes:

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

I ordered it when I first read about it. I figured that the worst I am out is the first month. There's no contract, no charge for shipping and no charge for the device. I got my order in before the site stopped taking orders the first time. I haven't received the device yet, but this would be a good month to test it. I finally got a couple of Windows 10 computers under control after they burned through about 20 GB of data between backups and updates.

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!

During the first thirteen months of Service, we are leasing you the Device as provided under the Alabama Commercial Code, Title 7, Code of Alabama 1975. You may not sublet or sell the Device. You agree that a portion of your Monthly Fee is in consideration of the lease of the Device, and that your possession of the Device is conditional on your payment of the Monthly Fee. Notwithstanding those provisions, the risk of loss to the Device passes to you at the time you take possession of the Device. Prior to the end of thirteen months of Service, should either you or we terminate this Agreement for any reason, including but not limited to nonpayment, you must, within 30 days of such termination, return the Device to us

Does that mean that you have to pay every month for 13 months?

If you don't pay say for one month when not traveling do you have to send it back to them? If you don't want to use it the next month?

There's no contract, no charge for shipping and no charge for the device.

When you sign up there is a.

WIRELESS CUSTOMER AGREEMENT
In this Wireless Customer Agreement (the “Agreement”) you’ll find important information about your wireless service including Huntsville City Schools’ (HCS) ability to make changes to your Service or this Agreement’s terms, HCS’s liability if things don’t work out as planned, and how to resolve any legal disputes between us.
MY SERVICE
You will receive mobile broadband Internet service (the “Service”) within our Provider’s coverage area (“the Coverage Area”) usable on a device that we will lease to you that is specifically designated to use the Service (the “Device”). HCS shall not limit the amount of data you use on the Service, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement. In exchange, you will pre-pay HCS $47.75 (the “Monthly Fee”) for each line of Service on the first business day of each calendar month. The Monthly Fee constitutes payment for the Service and the lease of the Device for that calendar month. HCS will provide the Service through a provider with whom it has separately contracted (the “Provider”). Should you fail to pay as agreed, HCS will terminate the Service immediately without further notice and you will be required to return the Device if such termination occurs prior to the expiration of thirteen paid months of Service for each line of Service.
That last 2 lines say nothing about using it with no monthly contract for the first 13 months.
I think I will hold off for a while and see how it works out for the many that ordered it. And if they got what they thought they were getting for service/speed and only what months they want to pay and use.
Sometimes if it sounds to good to be true. Sometimes it is and sometimes it's not.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I interpreted that to mean there is no contract for duration of usage, only terms of service. I also understand it to mean that if service is cancelled before 13 months have elapsed, you must return the device to them. If you lose the device and you cancel service before 13 months, you are responsible for replacing it. As for temporarily suspending service, I don't see any provision to do that. I suppose you can cancel, and re-order, if it's available, but I think you'll need to return the device (unless you make prior arrangements).

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!

I interpreted that to mean there is no contract for duration of usage, only terms of service. I also understand it to mean that if service is cancelled before 13 months have elapsed, you must return the device to them. If you lose the device and you cancel service before 13 months, you are responsible for replacing it. As for temporarily suspending service, I don't see any provision to do that. I suppose you can cancel, and re-order, if it's available, but I think you'll need to return the device (unless you make prior arrangements).

That is the way I read it too. You can ask them if they have a "vacation" mode - but since they never mention it - I seriously doubt it.

www.jackdanmayer.com

We just received ours... and out of the box, super easy to set up .. says unlimited on the device, and speeds were about 19Mbps down and 12Mbps up (comparable speeds that we clocked in the same location with our direct Verizon 6620 Jetpack setup).

Only thing of note worth mention is the billing cycle date on the device is set to 9/25/2015 - presumably because these devices are pro-actived by the the HSV schools, and then shipped.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

We just received ours... and out of the box, super easy to set up .. says unlimited on the device, and speeds were about 19Mbps down and 12Mbps up (comparable speeds that we clocked in the same location with our direct Verizon 6620 Jetpack setup).

Only thing of note worth mention is the billing cycle date on the device is set to 9/25/2015 - presumably because these devices are pro-actived by the the HSV schools, and then shipped.

Glad to hear the initial report is positive. I was wondering about the billing cycle. I thought that it might start with the initial use, but it appears not. Is there any way to check data usage? I'm not familiar with using the jetpack as we have always used our IPhones as hot spots.

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

Glad to hear the initial report is positive. I was wondering about the billing cycle. I thought that it might start with the initial use, but it appears not. Is there any way to check data usage? I'm not familiar with using the jetpack as we have always used our IPhones as hot spots.

I guess I must have missed something ... Why the need to check data usage if data is unlimited ? and why would you have to be familiar with a jet pack ? Jet packs are a Verizon device .

Goes around , comes around .

Is there any way to check data usage?

W10 keeps track for you if you have the metered service set up.

It shows a 30 day use. I haven't seen a way to reset it.

The last 30 days I have used 2 campground Free WiFi and now a Free DSL at my sons.

It shows 14.9 GB used.

So this term of use is not followed. ?

"You will pre-pay HCS $47.75 (the “Monthly Fee”) for each line of Service on the first business day of each calendar month. The Monthly Fee constitutes payment for the Service and the lease of the Device for that calendar month"

Was your CC charged on 9/25? Or before/after

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived