Millenicom Replacement ?

Max Signal

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlimited 4G-LTE for $47.75/month - On who's network? How can they resell unlimited? Their site is woefully lacking in details. Millinicom tried that reselling using a loophole in Verizon's rules and see where that led. Maybe they are exploiting a hack in T Mobiles unlimited accounts and will run until shut down? At $47.75/mo and their costs are a $90 MiFi - they can do all right after a few months.

Someone needs to find out their business plan to see if they are viable.

I would so like to have unlimited 4G access! But I'm afraid to go ahead with this as it simply sounds too good to be true. Anyone want to volunteer? :D There's got to be a catch somewhere along the line! I'll be watching this outfit. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

The OmniLynx™ Program offers access to an unlimited data plan that is not otherwise accessible by non-government users. Due to the potential for increased burden on network infrastructure during peak hours of utilization, the service provider reserves the full right to reduce data transfer speeds (commonly referred to as "throttling") as necessary. :o

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Unlimited 4G-LTE for $47.75/month - On who's network? How can they resell unlimited? Their site is woefully lacking in details. Millinicom tried that reselling using a loophole in Verizon's rules and see where that led. Maybe they are exploiting a hack in T Mobiles unlimited accounts and will run until shut down? At $47.75/mo and their costs are a $90 MiFi - they can do all right after a few months.

Someone needs to find out their business plan to see if they are viable.

That Device is only available on the Verizon Network, That I know . The Technomadia folks have already done a full investigation on this site.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

The OmniLynx™ Program offers access to an unlimited data plan that is not otherwise accessible by non-government users. Due to the potential for increased burden on network infrastructure during peak hours of utilization, the service provider reserves the full right to reduce data transfer speeds (commonly referred to as "throttling") as necessary. :o

For casual email, and occasional surfing, this would be another tool in the tool box:)! But for streamer's, the potential of reduced data transfer speeds, makes the 'unlimited' - well, 'limited'.

Attractive pricing, would be a great addition, without the throttling potential.

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

The facts at the moment are that it is not throttled and has not been to date. And I suspect that the throttling algorithms are tower specific...although I could be wrong on that.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Suppose it's best to wait and see how this works in the real world. I was also reading about this on other boards, and from Chris and Cherie's MIA announcement too.

Tower specific traffic control, I consider to be different then 'account specific' throttling - we all share the pain, and they are isolated based upon the luck of the location you're in.

When I read that a business can reduce data speeds due to usage, I consider it close to being a bait and switch. As with Millenicom before, these businesses lease their rights to use the infrastructure of someone else. As I understand things, isn't it usually that someone else, the dictates the account specific reduced data speeds(?).

Still consider this another option, and options usually end up in competition - and that is good of all:)!

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

"Tower Specific" throttling is interesting as long as it is "Tower Specific + User Specific" - Otherwise all tower users are getting punished for the actions of a few.

It can often be just pure volume of phones too. We just were in Grand Island Nebraska, the State Fair was in full swing. We had very slow download speeds, even with a strong signal. A person who was in the park for several weeks, said the speeds had been in the mid teens the week earlier. That is a great example of cell tower specific traffic congestion:)!

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

I would so like to have unlimited 4G access! But I'm afraid to go ahead with this as it simply sounds too good to be true. Anyone want to volunteer? :D There's got to be a catch somewhere along the line! I'll be watching this outfit. Dennis

read the TOS theres a certain company that's been known to shut people off for being data hogs :P .

read the TOS theres a certain company that's been known to shut people off for being data hogs :P .

I did read the TOS and the "throttling" did make me a bit nervous. Don't know about the actual shutting people off. If this outfit uses Verizon (which is what I currently have) then I'd certainly be interested. But sure would like to have someone who actually has this system step up and let us know some of the details. Dennis

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

I took the deal, was told I should have my jetpack next week. I have talked with them 3 times and I feel they are legit. I signed up 09/03 and today I see they are out of jetpacks. I called again and was assured my order got in before they ran out and I'm good to go. Hhm, I also think this is too good to be true but for $47.75, I will take the gamble.

I was told they will be getting more jetpacks shortly.

We will see.

Paul...

Here's our article that we released on this on Thursday after doing some of our own investigation and follow-up:

Millenicom Reborn? – Unlimited Verizon Data Plans for $47.75/month from OmniLynx Wireless

We are tracking this one closely, and have one ordered ourselves.

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

This is the real deal with only the caveat that they "may" throttle at some time "if" people abuse the service.

I tried to order one, but they are not taking any more orders at this time. So I'm out of luck on this. I only waited 48 hours after it was "published". Maybe they will start taking orders, but they would not put me on a "list".

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

The backlog has been taken care of....Andi and I just ordered ours. You may use us as a referral if you like just when it asks for referral put in code 2291.

If any of you are waiting to see how this "pans" out, I will let you know. We plan on using at our Sticks and bricks as well as our Travel Trailer. We will let you know how things go with this. Our plan is, if this is a viable option, we will do away with the internet service we have for the sticks and bricks and since we are on verizon currently, we will keep data where it currently is as it came with the plan. We both own our phones.

I am sure many in the community are anxiously awaiting preliminary results!!

I spoke with some friends that live in the Huntsville area and have grandkids who have this. They say it is legitimate and state the kids have never been throttled to date. Doesn't mean Verizon will not start though. We saw the last time our community had a plan similar to this.

Speaking of this..I would hope that Escapees would start lobbying for unlimited data plans for the community as a whole. Maybe enter into some kind of agreement with Verizon to offer this kind of thing to their members.

Happy Travelin and Stay Safe!!!!

Alan & Andi

2016 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 4x4

2012 Toyota Camry ( Andi's follow car)

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 ( Business Truck)

2009 Wilderness Travel Trailer

I also got my order in. If you are "thinking" about this I'd think fast. Because my opinion is that it will not last. We will see......

www.jackdanmayer.com

Got my order in too. Looks like there will be a number of us trying out this new system. Will be watching to see how everyone's experience goes. Good luck to us all. Dennis

Does the jet pack they offer have a port for an antenna. Ours does and we need that when we are parked at some NWR volunteering

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Archived