RVer Census

traviscarr

Not true at all. You see he is aging so rapidly that he is catching up with me! Consider this....... I can remember when I was 10 times as old as he is, but today I am less than twice as old as he. See how much nearer he is to my age now that he once was............ :wacko:

I stopped having birthdays at 39. Each year, I have an anniversary of my 39th birthday, but that is all. This year my daughter turned 39 - we're now the same age, but I have a few more anniversaries than she does. And being a dutiful daughter, she has agreed that she's not having any more birthdays - just anniversaries. B)

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 1 month later...

I found this conversation hilarious! Escapee's are just that, escaping "real life" of having a ball and chain home, along with being taxed to fund local activities, especially school taxes when you have no kids in school anymore. Loving the fact that you are off the grid, and the idea that you can be nearly anonymous if you want to be. Many are escaping the system, and don't want to conform anymore. Of course many RV'ers still own their homes, I'm one of them. As soon as I get a good price for it though it is sold! :) To expect to get a straight answer on a survey from folks escaping the system is indeed funny!

2006 Volvo 630, 10 spd, 465 hp D12 1650 torque, Tandem Axles (Texas Dually)
18' Dovetail Flatbed with EZ Slide Ramps by Texas RV & Toy Hauler Conversions
30' Flagstaff Bumper Pull Travel Trailer
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.5" Lift (Night Crawler)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Not true at all. You see he is aging so rapidly that he is catching up with me! Consider this....... I can remember when I was 10 times as old as he is, but today I am less than twice as old as he. See how much nearer he is to my age now that he once was............ :wacko:

Nice reminder of the Abbot & Costello bit.

• 1 month later...

Age is a state of mind, not just years. Two years ago, when I turned 70, I was thrilled to have reached that milestone. Not that I want the years to rush by, but as long as I am still healthy and active, turning 80 will be another huge milestone.

I remember when I was a late teenager, looking at the turn of the century and calculating I would be 56 in the year 2000, I was thinking wow, that is such an impossible thing, that far out. I couldn't even imagine being 55-56 years old. An now I am 16 years beyond that impossible age. Where did the time go????

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

• 5 weeks later...

I think generally, with RV'ers who are retired, when we gather together, what we did in a former life is not a topic which comes up. We are all just RV'ers. It doesn't matter if you were an auto mechanic or a corporate executive, we are all on an equal footing now. It also doesn't matter if you are in a 30' travel trailer or a 45' diesel pusher. You get together to talk about your RV'ing life, not what you did or were in a former life.

Not saying that everyone does this, but in general that is the way it is.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I was wondering as a retired person if a category pertaining to what one's occupation was before they retired would be of interest ?

Only in passing and noted as reassurance when that person offers help to someone needing what they know .

And , of course , the fireside stories that might have come from that previous life . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

• 3 months later...

I note that this survey has been posted for a couple of years now. I don't recall if I've responded to it previousl6 (that old age thing again, I guess). Is there a way to Know? I don't want to skew the results. Will they ever be Posted?

oRV

75065 Lifetime Member

2010 Phaeton 40 QTH

2014 Honda CR-V Toad

I note that this survey has been posted for a couple of years now. I don't recall if I've responded to it previousl6 (that old age thing again, I guess). Is there a way to Know? I don't want to skew the results. Will they ever be Posted?

There will be a star in place of a dot in front of any topic that you posted in .

Goes around , comes around .

I'm not sure why this is still pinned to the top of the forums, but the survey was compiled and results published in Escapees magazine more than a year ago. I just looked at it and it is still available.....

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'm not sure why this is still pinned to the top of the forums, but the survey was compiled and results published in Escapees magazine more than a year ago. I just looked at it and it is still available.....

They rarely unpin something. You might draw it to their attention.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived