RVer Census

traviscarr

RVer Census: Let Your Voice Be Heard

Please take a moment to fill out this important survey. www.escapees.com/survey

INFORMATION INDENTIFYING YOU PERSONALLY WILL NOT BE COLLECTED OR STORED BY ESCAPEES RV CLUB.

Escapees RV Club earned a reputation for being a leader in advocacy for RVers’ rights. Over the past 37 years, Escapees has fought to uphold full-time RVers’ right to vote; defeated unfair RV-specific taxes; protected overnight parking rights; and stood up to city, county, state, and federal regulations that threatened our personal freedoms.

When working together, the RVing community has the ability to shape regulations affecting issues such as healthcare, employment, insurance, voting, and more. Participating in this survey is crucial to Escapees advocacy of your rights and to the protection of the RVing community as a whole.

Together we can let manufacturers, companies, employers and government agencies know that we are a powerful demographic.

Please share this survey with other RVers. Thank you in advance for making a difference!

I did mine and I also shared it with several other RV folks. My youngest son, (who is disgustingly old for a youngest!) also did one for us. I was a little bit surprised by a few of the questions, but also was surprised by so of what was not there. I think it is quite different from those in the past and the past ones only went to members, if memory serves.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Appears to be nothing more than a typical marketing scheme survey. No need for anyone in the Escapees organisation to know my families income for the year or our net worth. Why not ask questions pertinent to RV'ers and the issues we face?

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Appears to be nothing more than a typical marketing scheme survey. No need for anyone in the Escapees organisation to know my families income for the year or our net worth. Why not ask questions pertinent to RV'ers and the issues we face?

The questions are designed to address a wide variety of items. Only the first two questions in the survey are required so you can skip questions that you are uncomfortable with sharing. There is also no capturing of personally identifying information.

Took it. I figure if I can help us all, I'll try.

That old man, he don't think like no old man.

"I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major

"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."

Do you want Escapees members who are no longer RVing to answer the census? (That would be us, by the way.)

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

It looks like it's more of just a survey with some type of specific intent geared more for Xscapers than a general census for the entire SKP RV community. I started it, but bailed out half way through. I had no idea how to answer the question about 'what is your current occupation?'. I'm still "working age", but retired (like many full time RV'rs). Are they wanting to know my profession in a previous life or 'now'. NOW I'm an "other" I guess. What do I put? Professional vacationer? Stationarily challenged geezer? Field and Stream disciple? Bum with wheels? :P When I scanned the next few questions it got into my yearly income and net worth, nothing else I could really see that you might expect to find on a typical "general" RV'r type census so I just bailed out.

There are a couple of folks I know that fall into that group (still working professionals that RV extensively). I forwarded the link to them, but I didn't en masse all of my contacts. If I had to guess.. I would say the survey is more about collecting statistics about the mobile working force. Possibly to show that they aren't just a bunch of migrate workers, but hard earning professionals and skilled laborers. Certainly not what I would consider an Rv'r census though. If that's the case, then it would probably help their numbers more if they limited the survey to only those that rely on mobile work. Which is why I bailed. I didn't want to skew it up. (get it? :lol: )

Just my thought, anyway.

Since you don't have to answer all of the questions, why not just skip what you don't understand and still complete the survey?

Because. If it is in fact a survey with intent.. trying to show a favorable demographic of the mobile work force... my completing the survey would hurt their percentages rather than help. The scope and intent of the survey is unclear. Even with the best intentions, sometimes 'doing' does more harm than good. Just my choice.

Why would you object to stating your income or net worth - It is a blind survey and is valuable information to use as a hammer with Govt Bureaucrats. Our lobbyists can ram home the potential economic impact of their constituents.

Because that is my business and no survey is truly "blind" given the makeup of the internet. I will not answer some questions out of principle. My income, religious beliefs, who I vote for, the firearms I own, my retirement savings or other personal information is mine and will not be shared. The birthday I entered on this forum is false for the same reason, I prefer that my personal information remain just that, personal.....

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Perhaps I misunderstood something. This is NOT a mandatory survey. You do NOT have to participate. Not only that but almost all the questions are optional! Sure sounds like Big Brother to me! NOT! Hey folks if you don't want to do the survey then DON'T! There is no need to share all your fears. Just don't do the survey. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

A Survey

a) I will answer.

B) I won't answer.

debate

c u on the road

That's funny Harry. Thanks for the chuckle. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

............. The birthday I entered on this forum is false for the same reason, I prefer that my personal information remain just that, personal.....

Would you mind sharing the reason for that fake birthday? Since the profile doesn't require you to put anything in that space, why not just leave it blank as many of the forum members have done? I'm not saying that you are wrong, just that I do not understand the reasoning. :)

I found it interesting because I answered it where I am now...a retired full-timer. I really wanted to answer it when I was full-timing. No real reason for that...maybe because I wish I were still on the road. Oh well...

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

And whose fault is THAT? If you weren't so old, he wouldn't be either! :D

Not true at all. You see he is aging so rapidly that he is catching up with me! Consider this....... I can remember when I was 10 times as old as he is, but today I am less than twice as old as he. See how much nearer he is to my age now that he once was............ :wacko:

Archived