MaximumSignal Update?

MNRon

Gord my buddy that needs one of these has a metal roof, is that an advantage and can he just use your magnetic antenna?

And is the big one out yet?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gord my buddy that needs one of these has a metal roof, is that an advantage and can he just use your magnetic antenna?

And is the big one out yet?

If the roof is slanted. He needs to build a shelf so it is perpendicular to the ground . The big one is a few moths away . Still waiting on final approval from FCC . That is held up till they finish retesting everything on the market right now. Not much we can do and your guess at a date is as good as mine.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

In areas of heavy trees and leaves, would the exterior antenna need to be elevated above the foliage?

With any antenna, "Height is might" are words to live by, but so far we've had good service even on heavily treed sites. The strength of the available signal is always a factor, but the MaxAmp seems to work well as long as there's at least a sniff to work with.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thanks Gord, he has a largish (30 acre) private lake behind his house on 300 acres and although heavily wooded, his hpouse is a high point and clear for about a half mile where the lake will act as a plane as well. The lake is between him and the cell towers. So trees won't be an issue.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Nice video. Curious about the phone hardware distinction he mentioned at the end (not carrier if I understood correctly). Any hints on which phone hardware performs best?

Ron and Pat, and 2 Portuguese Water Dogs

2013 Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax w/SuperGlide

2005 NuWa HitchHiker DA 31.5 LK w/MorRyde IS

Nice video. Curious about the phone hardware distinction he mentioned at the end (not carrier if I understood correctly). Any hints on which phone hardware performs best?

:D Buy Motorola.... They seem to have the best radios in cell phones...​

:D Buy Motorola.... They seem to have the best radios in cell phones...​

Interesting!!! Years ago when a team of us did research on the best phone to buy for our companies usage, Motorola came out as our top choice. We found that for those that were in fringe areas, issuing them a Motorola made a difference.

Motorola is now using more of the conventional off the shelf chips that other phones use, to hear this is still the same. What specific models did you use, and what were the not as good results make and models?

(Sure understand your just sharing an observation from a test on Max Signal - that it was not a specific test on which Cell Phones have the best reception. But, it would be good info to share:)!)

TIA,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

The tests were done with a Motorola Turbo2 and an LG G3. I used Andoid App - Simple Speed test, which did 20 download and 20 upload samples and averaged the results with each test. I ran the test 5 times on each device, one at a time, and also tried to run the tests simultaneously by pressing the test button on both phones at the same time. The Motorola averaged more than twice the data throughput of the LG in every scenario.

An interesting note: When running the simultaneous tests, and the booster was off. the LG phone would "wait" until the Motorola was finished before actually transfering data. When the booster was operating for simultaneous testing, the LG test completed almost at the same time as the Motorola, although with significant lower data transfer speed.

In my mind there is no doubt that the individual phone makes a difference, and also that the Max Amp Booster makes a huge difference above that.

Thanks Gord! We have received our Max-Amp Mobile today.. and filmed a quick unboxing video, and did a special announcement article:

Maximum Signal Max-Amp Mobile Cell Booster – Now Shipping!

We're excited to get the unit installed, and integrated into our current round of testing.

We just started head to head testing of the weBoost 4G-X to the 4G-X OTR (with the new trucker antenna), so this is great timing to also add the Max-Amp Mobile to the mix.

Our members will be able to follow along with the raw testing results we're taking here:

[Current Testing] Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Summer 2016) (non-members can get a sneak peak of what we're testing if you like)

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

No problem , I really enjoyed our conversation !

Gord, I currently have a 3-4 year old Wilson 3G amp with a internal pad antenna to place my phone and MiFi on. Outside and well separated I have a DIRECTIONAL antenna on a fiberglass pole I can extend to 12 ft from the ground. I use the 10 ft plus a 30 ft extension of Wilson Low Loss cable. I have a Motorola Turbo 2 phone on Verizon.

QUESTIONS

1/ I understood that the external antenna needed to be closest to the receiving cell site so that the internal antenna did not transmit past the external antenna.

2/ Is this not a requirement with your product?

3/ Also, Does this amp need to be turned off when not needed or does it just automatically handle areas where the signal is adequate without amplification?

4/ In very weak signal areas will your product with it's mag mounted omnidirectional antenna provide better data speeds than my directional antenna can at 3G?

THANKS

Gord, I currently have a 3-4 year old Wilson 3G amp with a internal pad antenna to place my phone and MiFi on. Outside and well separated I have a DIRECTIONAL antenna on a fiberglass pole I can extend to 12 ft from the ground. I use the 10 ft plus a 30 ft extension of Wilson Low Loss cable. I have a Motorola Turbo 2 phone on Verizon.

QUESTIONS

1/ I understood that the external antenna needed to be closest to the receiving cell site so that the internal antenna did not transmit past the external antenna.

2/ Is this not a requirement with your product?

3/ Also, Does this amp need to be turned off when not needed or does it just automatically handle areas where the signal is adequate without amplification?

4/ In very weak signal areas will your product with it's mag mounted omnidirectional antenna provide better data speeds than my directional antenna can at 3G?

THANKS

all that is vital with our amps is horizontal separation of the antennas and proper orientation os said antennas .Amplifier automatically turns itself into a sleep mode when not in use. Our amplifier is the sensitive and gives you the best signal on the market . Best signal is not the most bars . Out amplifier are intelligent and optimize the signal so over amplification is not needed . I have been told by the engineers at Verizon we are 5 years ahead of our competitors technology wise.

Keeping You Connected

Keeping my fingers crossed, Gord! That would sure be a major publicity boost... :)

Thanks . That call seemed to go well . Now the executive producer is pitching to network executives . We should know tomorrow . She also knows producers from other shows she is going to pitch to. She seems to really like the product.

Keeping You Connected

Thanks . That call seemed to go well . Now the executive producer is pitching to network executives . We should know tomorrow . She also knows producers from other shows she is going to pitch to. She seems to really like the product.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hard to drink coffee that way though... :D

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I turned on our WiFiRanger GO2 for the first time about 4-5 days. The GO2 and Max Signal Amp are in what I call our Communications Cabinet. Got back into the cabinet yesterday to retrieve our old Sleek to use on our toad for a quick day trip. I noted that the Max Signal Amp was now Red vs Blue/Green. Powered off the GO2, as was not using it now, and then unplugged and re-plugged the Max Signal Amp and the Blue light is back on.

We had had a day or two of sever thunderstorm activity just after I first turned on the GO2, so perhaps this could have a bearing?

Or, should I expect ongoing contention between the MS Amp and the GO2, causing the MS Amp to go Red light again? (We're moving locations today, so will do some testing of this later on by myself. But I did have the GO2 plugged in again for about 5 minutes, without any Red light...)

One time occurrence, so just asking questions more then stating a problem.

TIA, best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

My Go2 and MaxSignal amp are also side by side in my electronics bay. I haven't noticed any contention between them.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

My Go2 and MaxSignal amp are also side by side in my electronics bay. I haven't noticed any contention between them.

Thanks Joel - This is a sample of one for now, so good chance it was some sort of cosmic alignment of hail and listening with just a dash of Rudolph out for a mid summers flight....

We're in Apgar Campground in West Glacier now. About 1/8 to a 1/4 mile away, my Verizon and the DW's ATT both had "1 Bar" 4G yesterday while in our car. I heard my Verizon phone chime as it came in/out/in to coverage range as we drove into the campground today. At the spot of our site, ATT has zero coverage. My Verizon has 1xRTT rss; 99dBm Ec/lo 13.0dB.

Our ZTE Z917 Millenicom HotSpot, T-Mobile, is getting some signal. Enough to go paint the side of a house as our Yahoo Mail fills in:)!

That is with the Max Signal Amp on and Blue Light glowing. And with the hotspot rubber band to the inside antenna. With the Max Signal Amp unplugged, no T-Mobile signal.

So while slow, this is a classic example where for ATT and Verizon, an Amp cannot boost a signal that does not exist! But, with the T-Mobile, it takes a signal that the HotSpot Z-917 is not able to pick up by itself, and does it's magic.

This is also one of those times, nested in amongst the forrest, that I would have liked to be able to painter pole raise this antenna, and or, have yagi antenna in my tool kit of options:)!

Best to you, and all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

Thanks Joel - This is a sample of one for now, so good chance it was some sort of cosmic alignment of hail and listening with just a dash of Rudolph out for a mid summers flight....

We're in Apgar Campground in West Glacier now. About 1/8 to a 1/4 mile away, my Verizon and the DW's ATT both had "1 Bar" 4G yesterday while in our car. I heard my Verizon phone chime as it came in/out/in to coverage range as we drove into the campground today. At the spot of our site, ATT has zero coverage. My Verizon has 1xRTT rss; 99dBm Ec/lo 13.0dB.

Our ZTE Z917 Millenicom HotSpot, T-Mobile, is getting some signal. Enough to go paint the side of a house as our Yahoo Mail fills in:)!

That is with the Max Signal Amp on and Blue Light glowing. And with the hotspot rubber band to the inside antenna. With the Max Signal Amp unplugged, no T-Mobile signal.

So while slow, this is a classic example where for ATT and Verizon, an Amp cannot boost a signal that does not exist! But, with the T-Mobile, it takes a signal that the HotSpot Z-917 is not able to pick up by itself, and does it's magic.

This is also one of those times, nested in amongst the forrest, that I would have liked to be able to painter pole raise this antenna, and or, have yagi antenna in my tool kit of options:)!

Best to you, and all,

Smitty

you actually get a better signal 2 to 3 feet away from antenna . By the way I got the cable network feature today . Films in September airs . November to December time period

Keeping You Connected

Gord, good going. :)

There should be no issue with the Go2 near the amp. I would not put them on top of each other - that is just not wise, although it should work....but in the same cabinet should not cause an issue.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived