MaximumSignal Update?

MNRon

Gord - Any news on the release of your product?

Jack Mayer, DocJ, Technomadia - Any word?

Ron and Pat, and 2 Portuguese Water Dogs

2013 Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax w/SuperGlide

2005 NuWa HitchHiker DA 31.5 LK w/MorRyde IS

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard anything from Gord in about a month. I knew he was waiting on chips for his first production units, but that was the last I had heard.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Same here

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We communicated with Gord last week... and he said he was hoping to have our unit to us for testing in early August, and he was still awaiting parts to go into full production.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another month has passed. Any news updates, Gord?

Waiting on the last few chips. The board has 1165 chips . We are getting them from 30 different suppliers. A lot of these chips are new to the market and the manufacturers are behind on their schedule . Also still perfecting the case . On our 5th set of samples and it is still not right.Damn injection molding plant is a pain. In our last adjustments on the power source. This amplifier runs off true 12 volt . Power source will do 12 volt as well as 110 volt. It will also have a spare 5 Volt USB outlet on it to charge your phone.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

Thanks for the status update, Gord... I'm really hoping you'll have a shipping product before much longer. I'm trying to be patient, but it isn't easy when we get into areas with really poor cell reception! :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 2 weeks later...

We have the Omni Lynx WiFi Jetpack. We're very happy with the unlimited feature but very disappointed in the range. Our previous Verizon device had a great range. So we are really interested in Gord's amplifier. In the meantime we just have to keep all the devices in the same room. Of course when we get on the road there won't be a problem since everything is close. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

We have the Omni Lynx WiFi Jetpack. We're very happy with the unlimited feature but very disappointed in the range. Our previous Verizon device had a great range. So we are really interested in Gord's amplifier. In the meantime we just have to keep all the devices in the same room. Of course when we get on the road there won't be a problem since everything is close. Dennis

All we are waiting on is the cases and power supplies. Technomadia folks and Jack Mayer have prototypes hopefully the can do some testing in the near future.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

I think your referring to the somewhat limited WiFi range of the 6620 Jetpack, rather than the cell service range. Gord's amplifier/repeater boosts the cell signal, not the WiFi signal. There are WiFi repeaters that will help for that side though.

Dutch

Dutch,

Thanks. You are correct about WiFi vs Cell signal. I am referring to the limited range of the 6620. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

The WiFi range of the 6620 is noticeably shorter than our 4620, but fortunately that limitation hasn't impacted our usage so far. I could route the 6620 through our Pepwave Mini Surf On The Go router/repeater using the "WiFi As WAN" feature, but there's a speed penalty associated with that.

Dutch

There is a speed penalty repeating a wifi signal, but you probably will not notice it. Lots of people get wifi range extenders, like the $34 Netgear (http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wi-Fi-Extender-Essentials-EX2700/dp/B00L0YLRUW), or a travel router ($40 and up), instead of a full router with USB adn Wifi as WAN like the Pepwave. Geeks on Tour found the HooToo Tripmate Titan ($60 from Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/HooToo-Wireless-Performance-10400mAh-External/dp/B00RVIGY1I) travel router works great for them and also works as an external battery.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

• 1 month later...

Any updates?

I've done my first set of tests. So far, so good. But much more testing is required. I'm moving locations at the moment but once I get down to AL serious testing starts.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Maximum Signal had us send our prototype back about 2 weeks ago. After testing at 4 different locations, we were not seeing ideal results with it compared to the other boosters we are currently testing head to head. We have not heard back from them as to what they might have discovered with the unit they sent us. We are hoping it was just a lose a cable or such.

We look forward to getting their gear back into our testing arsenal. We are just about to wrap up a major round of testing the Top Signal, 4G-X, 4G-M, 4G-S and RV 4G models at nearly 15 different locations.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

I understand the antenna minimum separation and orientation as specified in the instructions are critical with this unit for optimum performance throughout the RV. End to end coverage inside our coach and even outside to some degree is important to me, so I'm wondering how that's working out in testing so far.

Dutch

Separation is critical. SUPER critical. I had my units separated around 16' and that was fine. I did NOT do a test yet to see how close I could get them.

Another CRITICAL item is to orient the interior dome antenna properly. It should be installed as designed. On the ceiling. I noticed that unlike reports on the Wilson - that require your devices to be close to the interior antennna - I got the best gain when I was about 6' away or MORE from the interior antenna. I do not "currently" have a test environment like Technomadia where I can do comparisons against a Wilson. But I'll probably buy a Wilson -M when I get to AL to compare against. There will be no more testing until likely Wed this week. We are still in transit.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Archived