Escapees Creates "Free" Job Board

traviscarr

Want to work while you travel? Want to hire RVers looking for work? We can connect you! The Job Board matches job opportunities with traveling contract workers who want full or part-time work.

The mobile workforce is a powerful one! The RV community offers both mobility and flexibility that are hard to find elsewhere. Today's technology grants RVers the freedom to work effectively as they travel. Mobile workers have the ability to fulfill unique jobs that are not practical for the conventional workforce.

Post a "Job" or "Help Wanted" Ad for FREE!

Choose the category that best suits your needs and post your job opportunity that is easily viewed by over 50,000 members! Simply fill out the submission form that details whether the job is full-time, part-time, or short-term work and provide a short description of the tasks. Then wait for the responses to roll in!

Remember, the job options can range from volunteer positions to highly compensated positions and everything in between. If you just need someone to house-sit or tend to the dogs while you are away, feel free to make a post!

https://www.escapees.com/job-board/create-a-listing

Search for Potential Candidates

The Job Board provides businesses and individuals the ability to search for potential candidates looking for work. Employers may view candidates’ skills, read resumes, review work experience, and check references.

https://www.escapees.com/job-board/view-candidates

Looking for work?

Escapees and Xscapers members can search posted jobs by job category, type of work, and location. You will find job opportunties ranging from short-term to long-term and incompassing all types of categories. Job options can range from volunteer positions to highly compensated positions and everything in between. Find a job that fits your needs and lifestyle.

https://www.escapees.com/job-board/view-jobs

Get Hired

Let us help you continue to make the RV lifestyle a successful one, and create a profile today!

Members can fill out our quick questionnaire and let employers or individuals seeking your skills and interests find you. From big to small, there are jobs opportunities available to meet your needs and your nomadic lifestyle.

https://www.escapees.com/job-board/create-a-listing

Those of us who participate in any of the forms of work-camping can do a lot to make this new service get more useful quickly by sharing this information with the agencies which we have worked for/with. Many potential employers or volunteer coordinators are looking for better ways to recruit good help and free services which reach good people are not all that available. Lets all help to promote this by sending a link to it to those we believe to be good places to work-camp!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I hope the ads go far beyond workamping.

How about some of the vendors that attend shows giving their experiences. Alibaba has a plethora of items that most vendors buy in bulk and sell at these shows. If some ex-vendors can give their experiences - item, source, cost, mark-up, booth costs, expenses, quantity sold at typical show, good & bad venues, etc it would be an invaluable resource and allow others to start up their own business.

How about existing vendors needing booth attendants?

How about existing vendors franchising what they've found successful?

Why when I go to the job board to find out what work there is for me, it says I"m not authorize to view this report. I AM a member.

Are you a member of Escapees or just of the forums? If a member of Escapees, have you registered on the site?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

This a great addition and feature for Escapees to add to their services! There are so many opportunities to work seasonally and remotely these days this will open doors for more people to work and travel.

Coleen M. Elkins

Escapee Since August 2008

Full-time 2004 Holiday Rambler Scepter

with one retired husband and two very sweet Border Collies

Wintering in Arizona 

• 2 months later...

When I clicked on the job board it told me I was not authorized, and then took me there anyway. I think it's just a glitch.

I live IN a Harley! (My Holiday Rambler was built in 1992, during which time Harley Davidson owned Holiday Rambler.)

Me: SKP 36010

Holiday Rambler: GYPSY JN

When I clicked on the job board it told me I was not authorized, and then took me there anyway. I think it's just a glitch.

You must have a registered account to create a "looking to hire" ad and you will have to be a member to post a "looking for work" ad. The view candidates page is open to the public which probably what you were looking at.

Business and individuals can create "looking to hire" ads and view potential candidates for free but only members have access to create "looking for work" ads and resumes.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps for others as I too was having trouble viewing jobs.

It turns out I was not registered on the "forums" site, which Travis was getting at. It's another registration/confirmation step that is separate from the main Escapees site. I thought this was done long ago when I first signed up with Escapees, but perhaps that was just a read access and not a post access.

Prior to registering the "Job Board" drop down menu on the main Escapees page only showed two items "Create A Listing" and "View Candidates".

Once the forum site registration was complete in the system ( took a few minutes) I can now see 4 menu items under Job Board. "Create A Listing", "View Jobs", "View Candidates" and "My Favorites".

I also had not associated my SKP number with my main Escapees account, ( now done) but I doubt that was the key to this.

Perhaps for others as I too was having trouble viewing jobs.

It turns out I was not registered on the "forums" site, which Travis was getting at. It's another registration/confirmation step that is separate from the main Escapees site. I thought this was done long ago when I first signed up with Escapees, but perhaps that was just a read access and not a post access.

Prior to registering the "Job Board" drop down menu on the main Escapees page only showed two items "Create A Listing" and "View Candidates".

Once the forum site registration was complete in the system ( took a few minutes) I can now see 4 menu items under Job Board. "Create A Listing", "View Jobs", "View Candidates" and "My Favorites".

I also had not associated my SKP number with my main Escapees account, ( now done) but I doubt that was the key to this.

Yes, you must associate your skp # with you account. You can do this by going to "My Account". Click your name in the top right and then my account.

This will unlock all the menus under the Job Board and also the the "Looking for Work" when creating a new listing.

I tried to log in to the job board using the same info that I log in to the forums and it would not accept it. I went back to the forums and logged out and back in just to make sure I was using the correct info and it worked fine (for the forums) but still wouldn't work for the job board.

You must be and active Escapees member to post a "Looking for Work" ad in the Job Board. Being a forum member does not give you access to Escapees benefits. The two sites are independent from one another.

Thanks for the reply Travis...I am an active Escapees member so I went to the main Escapees site and set up the account. It instructed me to put in my membership number which I did and was instructed to check my e-mail for an automated response so that I could "activate" it...i clicked on the link and got this error message:

Warning

Registration failed: Verification code not found.

It DID log me in because my name is on the top right corner and also shows that I can "log out"...if that makes any sense at all...its like I am logged in but without full access...I'm stumped!!!

I also need to re-new my membership and was going to do it on-line but couldn't access it till this is straightened out. Thanks again.

Edited by singwing12

Thanks Stanley but I am one of those poor souls that still have to go to work and usually when I get off the practice field in the afternoon the office is closed. I was hoping I could straighten it out over the computer...i'm not in any hurry as I spend most of my time in the forums anyway but I would like to look over the new job board and check out the home page.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else getting this error while trying to post? This is the main reason I joined escapees. I'm a member of escapees.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') GROUP BY cat_id ) g ON g.cat_id=c.id WHERE c.published=1 AND (c.access=0 OR (' at line 1 SQL=SELECT c.* ,g.g_active FROM emh4l_djcf_categories c LEFT JOIN (SELECT COUNT(id) as g_active, cat_id FROM emh4l_djcf_categories_groups WHERE group_id in() GROUP BY cat_id ) g ON g.cat_id=c.id WHERE c.published=1 AND (c.access=0 OR (c.access=1 AND g.g_active>0 ))ORDER BY c.parent_id, c.ordering
Edited by themoreweexplore

Follow our journeys at themoreweexplore.com

You can always call the club business office and mention the issue. You'll usually end up forwarded to the computer room unless they are already working on the problem.

There is no real out of office hours support though, best you could do is make a post here and then use the "Report" link that is at the bottom of your post (once you make it) to send a notice to the admin staff if they happen to check their e-mail.

It looks to be working now.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 1 year later...

Yes, you must associate your skp # with you account. You can do this by going to "My Account". Click your name in the top right and then my account.

This will unlock all the menus under the Job Board and also the the "Looking for Work" when creating a new listing.

Error

You are not authorised to view this resource.

skp#? Is that my Member#? If not I do not have a SKP# as I thought those were groups or the Escapees parks?

Please explain..Thanks

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
Facebook: Apackof2 for the Rd.
"All who wander are not lost"