Quickbooks Online or Something else?

lappir

Is anyone using the QuickBooks online? Any issues? How long have prices remained the same? Is there an annual subscription that is less than a pay by month that is listed? I know there are others out there but don't remember the names. Am starting an independent contract soon and want to have a handle on the paperwork before I get too much into it.

Thanks,

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I used QB for 10 years, but not the online version. I didn't have a need for the online features. I found it easy to use and well worth the price, especially at tax time. I bought a new updated version once every few years. Not sure about the subscription for the online version and price changes but maybe you can find out by googling it since google knows everything! Good luck!

Full-timing and enjoying every minute.

Blog: www.agingonwheels.com

Ignoring the cost factors, being online should be a key consideration. How often will you need to enter data and how confident are you that you will have Internet access? If the Internet access might be dicey, that the local version of QuickBooks would be better.

QuickBooks is updated yearly but you can usually skip a year or two understanding the support for each version ends at the end of the year. You don't want to go too lond before an update because business rules do change.

One advantage of the online version is that it is always up to date.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I've been using Quickbooks for 4 years. It can be purchased online at various sources for $170. I like having the freedom of working on the books without internet. Only use internet to email PDF versions of invoices to clients or year end accountant file for taxes.

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

My accountant advised against QB Online. It is almost a scam. They entice you with very low monthly rates and a lot of extras. But after the first year the rates go up. We are still using QB2012 Pro. As long as you are not doing payroll with QB there is no need for updates

Have been using QuickBooks Pro for 20 plus years. Now using QuickBooks On-line version for 4 yrs. Per Intuit it works best with Mozilla Firefox. Neither one are on my favorite list. QB On-Line is not user friendly to an old QB Pro user. The end results are the same but it feels like you are having to take extra steps to get there. You have to do a lot of hunting to find where you want to go as the program organization is very different. It is very expensive as you either do the monthly thing or an annual which does not save that much. Also, you can save a backup on your computer, but not access it off-line. That bugs me as if I only want a piece of info for the boss who is 1200 miles away at the end of a cell phone, I have to log onto the internet if it is available, then log into the program, then do a search thru a complicated program menu to find the info needed. If internet is not available then I am out of luck and so is the boss out in the muddy field. All the internet and computer services are supposed to make our lives easier but they sure can make things very complicated at time.

Just my personal opinion.

Selma

92 KW T600/425 Cat "OVERKILL" 2004 Alfa Ideal 40'

SKP398406 Ray & Selma with Princess Puff (cat)

Waiting at Rainbow Bridge "Thunder" & "Shadow" (cats)

Thank you everyone for your comments and opinions. I have reservations about having everything in the "Cloud" and did not know you couldn't access the program at all if you were not "on line". It would be nice if my accountant would set up something that I could just scan receipts, payments and other tax documents into as I receive them then transfer the file to them either quarterly or at the end of the year. That way everything would be available to me immediately and available to them when they wanted. I think I will inquire the next time I talk to them.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived