Help selecting RV?

GracieK

A comment on the Winnebago Trend: it's classified as a "C", but built on the Dodge ProMaster chassis. This chassis has a very limited GVWR of 9350 pounds, considerably less than even the Mercedes Benz chassis at 11030. The specs don't indicate what the base weight of the Trend is (or how it's calculated!), but if one is seriously interested in the Trend (at over $90k!), IMO, it would be a good idea to have it weighed before closing the deal; I suspect that the CCC is very lmited.

And the winner is ...... Leisure Travel Libero. Nothing met every one of our criteria, but the Libero came the closest. It has a corner bed and 3-way refrigerator, but other than that it is perfect. And for ease of maintenance it is built on a Chevy chassis, not MB. The corner bed is more accessible than our current RV's bed, and the fridge is on the curb side where the awning can be used to shade it in extremely hot weather.

Thanks everyone for your input. I feel like I was aware of and looked at everything that's out there, either in person or on the computer. Thank goodness for "virtual tours" :-)

No idea whether you could get Lazy Days, Roadtrek or Leisure Travel to substitute a compressor model, but it should not require a redesign of the space but probably some changes to the wiring and one less propane connection.

I have no idea about the other two, but it's unlikely that Lazy Daze would substitute refrigerators. While they are a factory-direct manufacturer, they are NOT a custom manufacturer and will only do *very* limited changes/additions.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

GracieK,

How exciting!!! I have looked (virtually) at the LTV Unitys and Liberos many times. Does it have the extra window that you wanted for guests and/or pets? I know you said you wanted a bed that was not in a slide. The Libero is a corner bed unit, so no bedroom slide. Great. You mentioned that the access to the bed was good enough that you did not need the preferred walkaround. Nice. LTVs are amazing coaches. I think you will be very happy. Stay in touch regarding the purchase experience.

Take care,

Dean

Laura & Dean | '05 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe | '09 Kia Borrego V8 2WD

• 4 months later...

Winnebago for us.

Also a B+ is a C without the Rug Rat Room over the cab.

Same chassis. Same construction in the coach.

B+ is just a marketing term.

Tom & Bonnie

Crossville, TN.

2008 Winnebago Aspect 29H

(No SUch Thing as a B+)

Toad Ford Flex 2010

Hi RVTEN,

I know you are correct that a B+ is a marketing term created by sales folks. I guess B+ has a more positive (+) sound to it and "B" gives a perception of "smallerishness"! :)

Perhaps B+ sounds better than C-.

Even though Cs and B+s are the same in terms of their true classification, I envision slight differences:

1. Most Cs are around 11 ft tall more or less and roughly 8' 5" wide.

2. B+s tend to be around 10 ft tall more or less and roughly 8 feet wide.

I really like your rig, the Winnebago Aspect. Very nice! In fact, the 27K is my favorite floorplan of my Top 5 manufacturers/floorplans.

I am also a fan of Phoenix Cruisers and Nexus Vipers.

Of course there are other rigs that I like that don't fit into my framework above:

1. Lazy Daze have the profile of traditional Class C, yet are just over 10 ft tall like other B+s.

2. Winnebago Views are Class Cs, yet are only 7'10" wide despite some models having the bunk over the cab.

Yup, they are all Class Cs, but I really like the profile of your Aspect. It fits my "perception" of trimmer Class C in terms of height and width.

Take care,

Dean

Laura & Dean | '05 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe | '09 Kia Borrego V8 2WD

• 5 months later...

Archived