Is the Wilson (Now Boost) DT4G good for RV?

whatsnext

I am wondering if I want to boost my cell phone signal into the RV, is the Wilson DT4G the best option?

I looked at the Mobile 4G but it's range is stated as 2-3 feet.

I am hoping to boost the available signal into the RV wirelessly.

Thanks

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

I have the Wilson Sleek 4G and I put my Note 3 in the cradle set to tether with my bluetooth headset paired. All of that is in the bedroom (at the rear of the RV) with the outside antenna mounted on the roof rack at the back of the coach. So the range of the 4G is irrelevant. It's the range of the bluetooth and the tethering that counts.

And that depends upon the smart phone.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

The DT *may* work for some folks.. depending on how large of a rig you have and your needs.

The DT just isn't made or approved by the FCC for mobile use. The biggest practical issues with it are the needed antenna separation from interior and exterior, and most RVs but the largest can't achieve that without some extra shielding. Also, the DT requires manual adjusting with dials at every stop, and won't keep a connection while underway. And then there's the directional vs. omni antenna that comes with it, and 12v vs 110.

Here's our comparison guide between the Wilson models:

Wilson 4G Booster Comparisons – Sleek vs Mobile vs DT

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

We installed the Wilson SOHO, in 2012. Exterior antenna is mounted in the rear on top.

The internal antenna is mounted above near the front of the rv.

40 ft rig. In 2012 the only option was 3g, but it has worked well. To get the distance I needed an extra 20 ft extension cable.

I don't see a problem even with a 30 ft rig. The distance required is 20 ft. You have to be creative.

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

Archived