How to know Verizon data usage

oldfox

I am one that made the switch from 20 GB Millenicom to 20 GB Verizon. My question is how do I tell amount of data used for a month of service. When I check my bill online it does show data usage, but there is like 7 pages or more of usage and no total for the month. When I call Verizon for usage it is called estimated not the actual total. Is there some way to get the total usage for the billing period other than adding up page after page of usage??

I log on to "myVerizon" go to "view my usage" and I can see all the data usage figures I could ever want. I can display, by device, by day and time, or totals. I can down load to a spread sheet. I see my Jetpack, my Smart Phone, daughter's Smart Phone & wife's dumb phone which has no data usage.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I log on to "myVerizon" go to "view my usage" and I can see all the data usage figures I could ever want. I can display, by device, by day and time, or totals. I can down load to a spread sheet. I see my Jetpack, my Smart Phone, daughter's Smart Phone & wife's dumb phone which has no data usage.

I can see my Jetpack but it only shows zero usage. Under current data it shows usage from 1-02-2015 to 1-04-2015 but no total for the the total month billed usage. I would like to know total data used for the billed month. My only device is the MIFI 4620le Jetpack, I do not have any other devices with Verizon.

If you have a jetpack, just push the info button (on/off switch) and it retrieves and displays it on the screen!

2000 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40' DP

2015 DRV 38RSSA 5th wheel

2004 M2 106 MDT

It's What You Learn, After You Know It All!... That Counts!!

So your month just reset. Probably not enough to display when rounding off yet. Have you set up your MyVerizon page (you can do that with any device as long as you have a phone number to associate with it) - it is really easy to get the data used from the page.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Oldfox - I know exactly what you are dealing with - I also can't get the usage - anywhere. Evidently we are of the minority but that doesn't change the fact that WE don't have access to the numbers. What I've done is download Networx - I've been using it since the beginning of the Millenicom days and it works great. You can get usage by day/week/month and keeps me aware of my trends.

So your month just reset. Probably not enough to display when rounding off yet. Have you set up your MyVerizon page (you can do that with any device as long as you have a phone number to associate with it) - it is really easy to get the data used from the page.

Barb

It's always shown "0" no matter where I am at in the month. I have set up MyVerizon and it shows "0". When I check data it shows about a dozen enteries or more each day, but no total. I would just like to see Verizons numbers of my month to month data usage. It would just be nice to have a location where it shows that. As long as I stay under 20 GB I'm ok, but I would like to see data used to know how close I come each month at least.

If you are using Win 8.1 you can click on the internet icon on the bottom right of the desktop screen, then click on your connection and see estimated data used. It can be reset each month.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

If you are using Win 8.1 you can click on the internet icon on the bottom right of the desktop screen, then click on your connection and see estimated data used. It can be reset each month.

Thanks, I didn't know that and it will sure help me know usage each month.

My online bill, I download for free, shows the total billing cycle data usage for my Jetpack, but no breakdown for daily usage. I don't know if this data is included in the mailed statement for free.

I don't see any historical monthly data usage figures for any data usage. If I wanted historical daily data usage I guess I would have to log on on the last day of the billing cycle and download to a spread sheet the last months data usage.

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

Please correct me, but my Galaxy III S only shows usage for my phone, not my better halfs or the data use on my Wifi?

I would have to add all three of them to get total usage?

You have three separate accounts with Verizon? Not a shared plan? If there is only one account holder and you are using a shared plan, then setting up your MyVerizon page will put all three devices on the same page for you to look at.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Oldfox - I know exactly what you are dealing with - I also can't get the usage - anywhere. Evidently we are of the minority but that doesn't change the fact that WE don't have access to the numbers. What I've done is download Networx - I've been using it since the beginning of the Millenicom days and it works great. You can get usage by day/week/month and keeps me aware of my trends.

This has been a problem for some of those switching from the Millenicom plan to Verizon. MyVerizon does not work.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

This has been a problem for some of those switching from the Millenicom plan to Verizon. MyVerizon does not work.

Call and ask why it doesn't work? Seems to me to be a valid question and a logical step if you want to know your usage.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

My online bill, I download for free, shows the total billing cycle data usage for my Jetpack, but no breakdown for daily usage. I don't know if this data is included in the mailed statement for free.

I don't see any historical monthly data usage figures for any data usage. If I wanted historical daily data usage I guess I would have to log on on the last day of the billing cycle and download to a spread sheet the last months data usage.

Just logged into My Verizon, the bill that shows there shows all zero usage. But I found when I click the view bill and print it does show my month to month usage, that must be what you are doing. Thanks for the heads up. I'm good to go now that I can see how much data Verizon states I am using per billing period.

Just logged into My Verizon, the bill that shows there shows all zero usage. But I found when I click the view bill and print it does show my month to month usage, that must be what you are doing. Thanks for the heads up. I'm good to go now that I can see how much data Verizon states I am using per billing period.

I'm not sure if you meant printing to paper or PDF. The bill "prints" to a PDF file if you want.

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

Archived