RV parks with families

tuctam

Hello,

We are new to RV traveling and still have 2 teenagers who are with us. When I use a RV park app to find places to stay, the majority of them are for 55+. Is there a good app that any of you use that is helpful finding places that allow families?

Thank you.

Most RV parks allow families. They often charge extra for more than 2 people. Try using RV Parky and RV Park Reviews. Greg

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/ http://www.rvparky.com/

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

When I use a RV park app to find places to stay, the majority of them are for 55+.

Are you looking at the snowbird parks in places like the TX Rio Grande Valley or in Arizona hotspots? Many of them are 55+ at least in the winter months because they work to attract the retired crowd to stay for the entire season, or at least for a month or longer but not all parks everywhere are and few of the shorter term parks are that way. I suggest that you start by getting a copy of one of the major campground guides, and use that as many of them state if they are age restricted or not. I think that you would find that to be a more effective way to locate your choices. Books such as Woodall's, or Good Sam or perhaps Wheelers.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Even 55+ parks will usually allow you to stay a limited time. This ranges from 1 week per year to several months per year (Park Sierra). We found it expedient to buy a lot so we could not be asked to leave because of our minor child/number of persons over 2. Many parks not only limit your stay if you have minor children, but also if you have more than 2 people of any age.

• 2 weeks later...

State and local parks may not have the restriction of children Also, Passport America is running a lifetime special this month. Best money I have spent in a long time. A good value for us. A personal note, perhaps many of us old folks could use a shot of children, I enjoy being around kids and families. Keeps us young. Perhaps we could share a bit of experience to pass on to the next group. I grew up in the old folks city of St. Petersburg, FL. It was interesting to stop talk, listen and learn from many of the old folks sitting on the green benches that lined Central Avenue.

Who changed America? WE DID. We left town to keep warm. The ship in many areas of this great country lost the senior rudder of experience. Think about it the next time you try to avoid kids!

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Archived