Are RV Insurance Folks unfamiliar with B class?

mikes47

I will soon take delivery of my very first RV: an Ocean One MB Sprinter from Advanced RV in Willoughby Ohio. As the delivery date is approaching, I am tidying up loose ends and as I ask around for quotations for RV Insurance, I am getting the sense that the Insurance folks I talk to are not familiar with the B class. Any experience with this? I am waiting to hear from the folks at BancorpSouth.

Thanks for any feedback.

Is BancorpSouth Insurance an Escapees Commerical Member? I ask because, on their website, they have this blurb:

"Escapees RV InsurancE

Escapees members value their unique lifestyle, and BancorpSouth Insurance Services takes pride in helping protect it with across-the-country insurance solutions. As an independent agent, we represent many insurance companies, including Foremost, Progressive and National Interstate. You benefit from truly customized coverage at competitive rates in every state – no matter where you call home. To learn more, visit http://bxs-ins.com/escapees."
Given that, it would seem to me that they'd be familiar with all types of RVs...wouldn't you think?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I will soon take delivery of my very first RV: an Ocean One MB Sprinter from Advanced RV in Willoughby Ohio. As the delivery date is approaching, I am tidying up loose ends and as I ask around for quotations for RV Insurance, I am getting the sense that the Insurance folks I talk to are not familiar with the B class. Any experience with this? I am waiting to hear from the folks at BancorpSouth.

Thanks for any feedback.

Could you explain what you meant by: "the Insurance folks I talk to are not familiar with the B class."

On all the RV's I have had, TT, 5er, Diesel Pusher, Class C and now a 29' Class A, I have never talked to the insurance company about which RV class I had or if the trailer was a TT or 5'er. I only answered the questions they asked and that was something like who is the mfg, and what model name/number is of the RV.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Maybe I got that impression from the way they questioned me about the Advanced RV ... As a relatively new manufacturer, maybe ARV does not show up in the references they are using to seemingly check reasonableness of the purchase price and requested coverage. I am getting replies from the companies Kirk suggested. So, I am getting to the place where I can make a decision.

Thanks for the feedback, all,

It might be because Advanced RV is so new. I didn't have any trouble getting my Sportsmobile Class B conversion insured but Sportsmobile has been around a LONG time. I sure do like some of the things Advanced is doing, though. I hope you enjoy your Ocean One.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Was on the phone today with my RV insurance agency. Was told that many insurance companies are starting to charge an extra fee for people that have their vehicles registered in one state and live in another one. Exceptions may apply, you are insured as a full timer, etc. It may be important to check with you agent for individual details. If you do not have correct current information on your policy you may not have coverage and they could deny claims. I was doing my yearly review of all insurance policies that I have in force. A good thing to do on a regular cycle.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Archived