Source for Class A Salvage parts?

kathydavidb

Is there a source for used or salvaged Class A RV parts? I've been looking for interior furniture & possibly a desk that would work in our MH. The new costs are pretty expensive & thus the reason for looking to slightly used stuff. Thanks, Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

Not many places that I have located. So what happens to damaged RVs? I know that many catch on fire and burn. But, what about ones damaged in an accident?

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Stripped of parts the yard holding them can resell and the rest crushed for the most part. If one is located near an RV recycler they may bid on it and then salvage a lot more bits but they have to add in the cost of hauling it to their yard.

For folks doing a bus or van conversion a wreck can be a goldmine if you can work out an arrangement with the yard holding it.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I have a list of RV salvage yards posted on our website, but I do caution you that it has not been verified that all are still active in a couple of years. Check it out if you think it may be helpful.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 1 month later...

I live close to Colaw's in Carthage, MO. I have been over there several times for parts. The last part I went for was a cabinet door to cover the hole left when I replaced our bedroom TV (old CRT with HDTV). I gained a rather large cabinet with door,, the door cost me $10.00 and looks great. Colaw's has lots of salvage parts and lots of RV's in which you can look for parts if you ask right.

I think the prices of the stuff they sell is very reasonable. Also if you have a need and they have a piece to satisfy the need I am sure you can negotiate on some of the prices that are posted. Very often you can get a used part for at least 50% off of a new part. I once got a water heater for a MH I was working on. I got the WH for less than 1/2 cost of a new one, the used one worked just great, a whole lot better than the one that came out that did not work at all!!!

Southwind 35P

ARS KB0OU

EX Submarine driver

Archived